what earphones would you recommend for the best quality sound?
Aug 28, 2012 at 9:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lonewolf1994

New Head-Fier
Hello. I joined this forum hoping you guys could help me pick out new earphones. I mostly listen to techno/electro/dubstep but there are a select few songs from different genres, but not much. 

I was wondering if you guys could help me decide on one really great sounding earphone. What i'm looking for is crisp, clean sound great bass, and priferebly i wouldn't have to turn it on full to be able to hear the music well. 

for budget, i'd say it's around 0 to 200 Dollars. 

any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #2 of 6
Aug 28, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #3 of 6
as for IEM , in OP's price range I would recommend TF10 as well. good exciting sound and great sound stage.
only downside is the low end doesn't go very deep, which might disappointing be for Dubstep.

in your price range, you might as well consider Sony XB series (cans)

XB700(in your budget) or XB1000(bit out of your budget)

Shure SE215 (IEM) or SE315(better SQ and clarity but less impact on Bass)

Sennheiser IE8 (IEM) perfect for you but also quite out of your budget(you might able to spot some good deal within your budget somewhere as they released IE80 to replace IE8, might have somewhere doing discount on IE8 now)

I personally like dynamic drivers over BA drivers for bass heavy music.

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
as for IEM , in OP's price range I would recommend TF10 as well. good exciting sound and great sound stage.
only downside is the low end doesn't go very deep, which might disappointing be for Dubstep.

in your price range, you might as well consider Sony XB series (cans)

XB700(in your budget) or XB1000(bit out of your budget)

Shure SE215 (IEM) or SE315(better SQ and clarity but less impact on Bass)

Sennheiser IE8 (IEM) perfect for you but also quite out of your budget(you might able to spot some good deal within your budget somewhere as they released IE80 to replace IE8, might have somewhere doing discount on IE8 now)

I personally like dynamic drivers over BA drivers for bass heavy music.

forgive me for the noobie question, but what is the diference between dynamic drivers and BA drivers?

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

forgive me for the noobie question, but what is the diference between dynamic drivers and BA drivers?

BA driver are more common IEM drivers now, they are tiny and easily fit multiple drivers in a small space like IEMs.
they generally sound brighter, faster response, better high end clarity but usually not very good at low end, compare to dynamic driver.
and due to the mechanic, they don't need burn in period like dynamic driver do.

Dynamic driver is like speaker driver design, they use magnet and coil. only a smaller version of speaker driver.
they has better low end response, usually go deeper and better low end dynamic but don't have the advantage of clarity and separation like BA driver does.

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #6 of 6
Any difference you can hear.
cool.gif

Dynamic drivers tend to be larger and harder to place in an IEM; the technology is similar to speakers, but more complicated due to the need for small size. Larger dynamic drivers tend to have better bass impact than other kinds.

Balanced armatures work differently (details are complex, there's a separate thread on that), are much more compact, tend to be faster (more detail), bit less linear (more peaks), more narrowband but don't need any vents for optimum operation, allowing better isolation.

I'd personally recommend the widely recommended VSonic GR07 for these genres. I found TF10 to be peaky in treble yet dark and finicky with regards to source - as much as my Spiral Ear SE-5.
Audeo PFE122 is also in the price range, even more balanced and detailed at the cost of subbass extension.

JVC HA-FXT90 is a nice pick if you prefer deep, accurate bass above everything else - it's even better than VSonic's. They don't isolate nearly as well though and if you have tiny ears, the fit might be finicky.

For the same price, you can also get FutureSonic Atrios, considered to have the best subbass performance out there, but otherwise not as nicely balanced as the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back