What Earphones Sound like K3003's?
Dec 23, 2019 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Observer200

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I lost my AKG K3003's and bought FH7, and I am dissapointed as the bass is too much and feels like surpassing the mids, and highs. I had to put them on craigslist after buying. What earphones you think sound clear, energetic as K3003's mids, and highs, but has some quality plenty of bass, and durable like Shure's where you can have your cables detach. Would SE535's work for me? Or SE846's? or are they too bass heavy?

Dec 23, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #2 of 11
Hey, what's your price range? If you like the k3003, I would want to suggest the jvc fw10k. The shures are definitely warmer sounding

I'm rediscovering the k3003 with dx160 source and it's quite good together.

Dec 23, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #4 of 11
Hey, what's your price range? If you like the k3003, I would want to suggest the jvc fw10k. The shures are definitely warmer sounding

I'm rediscovering the k3003 with dx160 source and it's quite good together.
Well, I don't think I would find JVC in Turkey, but has the most known brands. I loved K3003 sound, but their cables tear in some time, so even though they had a discount in holiday which is 400$, I didn't want to get them because once the cable teared and I had to send them back, for exchange. Delivery costed a lot etc.
I only tried FH7's with my Asus computer and Iphone, and they sound really warm, do you think a good amph will make a very significant difference? As I experience they doesn't sound as good when in low volumes. the sound is pretty dull, lacks the sharpness and power.

Price range can be up to 900$ if worth it.

Dec 23, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #5 of 11
Maybe the jh 13v2. The mids are pretty good, the high too without being harsh, bass has plenty of detail but no where near the 846. overall it sounds more like live music. The andromeda’s are good but I think the 13 has better detail but andromeda has more base and sound more fun less live. Nobel Kaiser encore is very good to better then both but very expensive and you get a close enough experience with the other two

Dec 23, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #6 of 11
Maybe the jh 13v2. The mids are pretty good, the high too without being harsh, bass has plenty of detail but no where near the 846. overall it sounds more like live music. The andromeda’s are good but I think the 13 has better detail but andromeda has more base and sound more fun less live. Nobel Kaiser encore is very good to better then both but very expensive and you get a close enough experience with the other two
How about under 900$ ones inclusing SE846's?

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #7 of 11
How about under 900$ ones inclusing SE846's?
Those are the only one I owned or heard under 1000 that I think comes close to the k3003, well with exception of the Nobel($1800). I got the 13v2 for 800 a few months ago and I own the sure846 I brought it for 1000 but that’s was around the time it first dropped and while they are very good they lack high and everything sounds closed in compared to the other ones and it’s not just the soundstage it’s the air in the instrumental and notes that are missing too I think you can get them for 6-700 now. You can find the andromeda for about 8 to 900 as well I auditioned them at a local audio store for about a month every day after work, I liked the 13 better. At first listen I thought the andromeda were better because it’s more fun but I really like how lively the 13 felt even tho it didt have enough bass for me even with the adjustable bass dial. It still had a lot of detail in the bass and a good amount for any other person and if you wanted less you can tune the bass completely flat. I also understood why professionals artists would use iem. With other iem it never really felt like it can be used for a professional use case even tho the other one sound very good.. So that’s another plus’s if you plan to use them for that as well. The Nobel are past your budget but if your curious the thing that stood out to me with them is that they flexed air, well the air of the bass. I don’t think physically but it felt like it but at the same time I wouldn’t consider it bass heavy. It’s only something I heard in maybe a Mercedes Benz, also there was more of an emotional connection to the music. With all that being said those other monitors can do 90-95 percent of what a monitor almost 2 as much can do. I only auction them twice

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #8 of 11
I listened to the AKG K3003 at Canjam 2018 and I thought they were similar sounding to the Dunu DN2000j which I own.

I don’t think that the Shure SE846 would be the answer, given your preferences. The 846 is a lot warmer and bassy.

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #9 of 11
Well, I don't think I would find JVC in Turkey, but has the most known brands. I loved K3003 sound, but their cables tear in some time, so even though they had a discount in holiday which is 400$, I didn't want to get them because once the cable teared and I had to send them back, for exchange. Delivery costed a lot etc.
I only tried FH7's with my Asus computer and Iphone, and they sound really warm, do you think a good amph will make a very significant difference? As I experience they doesn't sound as good when in low volumes. the sound is pretty dull, lacks the sharpness and power.

Price range can be up to 900$ if worth it.

I couldn't say if fh7 will respond well with amp. I haven't heard it before but from my experience, better amp will change something you like to love...but I haven't heard an iem I disliked and because of amp I liked. if that makes any sense.

Are there any stores in Turkey you can go and test a bunch of iems out? I think it's hard to find same sound sig as k3003 now because most have heavy bass and warmer sounding.

Andromeda is nice but its more relaxed sounding. Very detailed but it doesnt have that crispness/resolution of k3003. I would take the andromeda over the shures.

Good luck with your journey.. let me know what you end up buying. There's sooo much out there now.

Dec 23, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #10 of 11
I couldn't say if fh7 will respond well with amp. I haven't heard it before but from my experience, better amp will change something you like to love...but I haven't heard an iem I disliked and because of amp I liked. if that makes any sense.

Are there any stores in Turkey you can go and test a bunch of iems out? I think it's hard to find same sound sig as k3003 now because most have heavy bass and warmer sounding.

Andromeda is nice but its more relaxed sounding. Very detailed but it doesnt have that crispness/resolution of k3003. I would take the andromeda over the shures.

Good luck with your journey.. let me know what you end up buying. There's sooo much out there now.
Thank you all. And just curious, what would KSE1200 or KSE1500 sound like, comparing to all other headphones that aren't static?

Dec 24, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #11 of 11
Guys, I have a news for you I had no idea, why I didn't like their sound and found them really muddy, and unbalanced. Guess what, none of the ear tips were fit on me, and didn't isolate well. I tried my lost K3003's ear tips, and they sound AMAZING right now. Just Letting you know, none of the ear tips were good in the box!!! I am happy with the product now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back