What, does this only happen to me? Im really pissed off.
Mar 4, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #16 of 25
Can you give me the address and the "form" to fill out? Did you include a proof of purchase because I dont have one, I bought it off ebay brand new
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the things that you get for your money when you buy Shures is the best warranty on the entire market.

My E4 recently developed a similar problem. I printed out the warranty return sheet, filled it out, and popped them in the mail. It took about 3 minutes, and I should have a brand-new replacement set within a few days. Is it frustrating that the problem occurred? Sure. Is it worth getting too riled up about? No. Given the nature of the way IEMs are used, these types of failures are bound to happen from time. With Shures, at least you have the comfort of knowing that the company will stand behind the product.

Mar 4, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by smileystevenvivi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you give me the address and the "form" to fill out? Did you include a proof of purchase because I dont have one, I bought it off ebay brand new

Nice of you to try to find it for yourself first.
rolleyes.gif

http://personalaudio.custhelp.com/cg...p?p_faqid=3306

Mar 4, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

What the hell? ? Like ive stated before I walk with these and it never happened before, but now its all of a sudden starting up again and I feel like Im cursed. And how the hell can I prevent the jack from rotating when I walk to school with these everyday? I constantly reach into my jacket pocket all the time so its OBVIOUSLy gonna rotate. Am I suppose to be SUPER CAUTIOUS and make sure to carefully reach into my pocket and prevent it from spinning? NO.

I think putting any mp3 player into your pocket with headphones can put a lot of strain on the jack, maybe you just have bad luck or maybe you are being too rough and you should be MORE CAUTIOUS, not necessarily SUPER CAUTIOUS.

Mar 4, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #19 of 25
Calm down guys.

As I said, I feel many IEM are vulnerable to all the movings and (ab)uses due to their small size and the nature of IEM (these go into your ears, and stick in it, which means they do not have space to move and have to bear all usages.) And It is very hard to make rugged IEM as durable as headphones. Not to mention that most IEM are overpriced as compared to decent headphones. (exception of iM716 when it was sold at mere 70$)

For my case, I decided to leave all my IEMs and bought RP-HTX7, and I am happy about my decision.

More : By the way, only IEM and earbud left from me in perfect condition was iM716. Shure E2G died (even worse than your case, the right side completely died) after four months of usage, MX400 simply cracked after a year of usage, and finally Mashmellow was got destroyed during the exercise. When I used iM716, I was always extremely careful when using it (do not want to lose again,) and that bothered me a lot, could not stand, so I sold it.

Mar 4, 2007 at 10:01 AM Post #20 of 25
don't put your device in your pockets...
Buy a pouch that fits the size of your player and put it there...I use a pouch that came with a pair of sunglasses, it fits my ipod and because of the padding it also protects a little bit, as a bonus you can control the player through the fabrik..

Mar 4, 2007 at 10:55 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Quite right, even keeping them in your backpack is better than using your pockets; all the moving about wreaks havoc on the wires/cords...

btw. I does not only happen to you, I lost my pair of UM2's the same way
frown.gif

Mar 4, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #22 of 25
Sorry Im not gonna add extra luggage to myself, its uncomfortable. Having it in my coat pocket is much more suitable for me and its always used my earbuds like that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy a pouch that fits the size of your player and put it there...I use a pouch that came with a pair of sunglasses, it fits my ipod and because of the padding it also protects a little bit, as a bonus you can control the player through the fabrik..

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Sorry Im not gonna add extra luggage to myself, its uncomfortable. Having it in my coat pocket is much more suitable for me and its always used my earbuds like that.

Odds on, its probably pocket fluff getting into the player...

You'd be surprised at how many different standards there are for 1/4 and 1/8 jacks... 6.33, 6.35, 6.5 (for the 1/4 at least) so probably as many weird standards for the smaller jacks too...

...It could just be that your other cans have a better tolerance for contacting the little springs inside the headphone socket... Just before you send off the E2s, clean the jack with alcohol, allow it to dry, and try again - see if the same thing still happens.

Mar 29, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #25 of 25
Wow Id just like to say that im definately satisfied with shures customer service. I just recieved a brand new pair yesterday and voila, the problem is gone! Now with this pair id like to be extremely careful with it.

The only problem I see causing the static noise is probably my shaving my head. WHen I shave my head, I like to listen to music so maybe the shaver somehow caused electrical disturbances in the cord? Or maybe It just happened to screw up because mind you it is the OLD version of e2c with the OLD plastic case(not the one with the dark guy jumping).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back