what does the electrical current coming out of an amplifier for a sine wave look like?
Jul 2, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #16 of 16
Quote:
Okay, I don't understand anything technical that I'm looking at. Does anybody have a good link to start given than I have practically no knowledge of how electromagnets and such work? My initial plan was to create a functional driver first then tweak it over time, but I'd love to be able to understand whatever it is that I'm looking at.

Shade-tree engineering, as it were, is not an easy thing to trial-and-error your way though. Not if you want good results, that is.  Having built my own amplifier on a breadboard and messed around with building drivers from scratch, I can tell you that if you want to come up with something listenable, you're likely to get very frustrated.  However, if you just want to play around, have at it! 

I recall having an epiphany playing with a signal generator, oscilloscope, and one of my drivers in my (first) university's electronics lab.  As an aside, it turned out Electrical Engineering wasn't for me :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back