What does the advanced limiter do in Foobar under DSPs?
Mar 18, 2007 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

makasin

100+ Head-Fier
Just curious what this contraption does. I used to have this on and the stereo-to-binaural dsp set on low and thought it always sounded awesome. Then, I just completely turned off all dsps and run it in ASIO mode.
This feels like the highest quality setting for my system, as crossfeed smears the image a little but and my HD650s tighten up a bit more with it off. They sound like big speakers on your head anyways so I guess I dont even need it, I havent noticed any discomfort yet. Any input from you guys as what you guys use in your DSP tree?

Mar 18, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #4 of 11
Yeah I tried just about all the DSPs you can get and I guess I just like it pure.
Does everyone have thier advanced limiter on>

Mar 19, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by makasin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I tried just about all the DSPs you can get and I guess I just like it pure.

i use resampler and advance limiter..thats it..good enough for me
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Mar 19, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by makasin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just use ReplayGain and check the 'prevent clipping' box. I think this achieves the same goal (no clipping) without distorting the music.

Mar 25, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #11 of 11
I don't use any DSPs at all, I simply lower the DB to -2 to prevent any clipping.

I am a total purist however
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back