What does power supply upgrade do for X-can v3?
Dec 12, 2004 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lyricsuite

New Head-Fier
I know a lot of people have commented on the advantages of using a proper power supply for the earlier versions of the X-can, but I was wondering whether anyone here has tried it with the v3, and if so what the results were. I wouldn't completely rule out the X-PSU (even at £250!) if the improvements were felt to be really worthwhile.

Thanks for any advice!

Dec 12, 2004 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by lyricsuite
I know a lot of people have commented on the advantages of using a proper power supply for the earlier versions of the X-can, but I was wondering whether anyone here has tried it with the v3, and if so what the results were. I wouldn't completely rule out the X-PSU (even at £250!) if the improvements were felt to be really worthwhile.

Thanks for any advice!

I have heard the x-can v3 both with and without x-psu (also v3).. And it is my impression, even though I havent done any A and B'ing here that the x-can sounds much fuller and warmer when using x-psu. Personally I wouldn't think twice about it if I owned a x-can v3 and had the cash to go for the x-psu aswell... Imo a very nice upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back