What does 'pink noise' mean? And other burning in questions
Mar 3, 2007 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

thetargetarcher

New Head-Fier
I have read in several posts, people referring to burning in headphones and amps with pink noise or music.

What do they mean by pink noise?

What is the best way of burning in headphones and headphone amps? Pink, noise, music, TV, DVD.....and what volume should it me done at so not to damage the equipment.

I tried a search in the forum but could not find answers to the above.

Thanks for your help.

Mar 5, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 5
Search this thread for a lot of Pinl Noise info, including links for getting PN for free (Blink is a key word for this). http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=207164

There has been some question if some of us (namely me) might have over-done the PN. This is not conclusive so you might want to read so of the discussion there. But it is over 2200 posts long, most being specific the Ultrasone HP, so a search within the thread might be your best choise (especially if you don't want to get tempted into a new set of HP.

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #4 of 5
My searches on the same topic indicated that many people use their normal music at a slightly higher than normal listening level and just put the set up in a closet if you can hear it and it bothers you. I want to try a pair of AKG 701's and plan to do this for the [gasp] 300 hours recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back