"Nitrogen-injected foamed polyethylene dielectric"
What does it mean?

Dec 28, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmf22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a Belkin PureAV coaxial cable, and on it says:
"Nitrogen-injected foamed polyethylene dielectric"
What does it mean?

I'm going to venture a guess here. Maybe they inject nitrogen gas into the foamed polyethylene dielctric.
blink.gif

I know, I know, I'm a smartass. I don't have any idea what good that does.

Dec 28, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to venture a guess here. Maybe they inject nitrogen gas into the foamed polyethylene dielctric.
blink.gif

Maybe taking out oxigene and therefor prevents from oxidating... This way the dielectric cannot make the pure copper core oxidate...

I know, I know, I'm a smartass. I don't have any idea what good that does.

Maybe taking out oxigene and therefor prevents from oxidating... This way the dielectric cannot make the pure copper core oxidate...

Dec 28, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #4 of 10
It is a way of product protection at multiple layers, creating an internal seal to reinforce the product edges or surface against external conditions. Of course, by injecting nitrogen.

Dec 28, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtkversion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's marketing.

That was my first reaction. I'm getting a Juli@ soundcard soon and plan to connect it to the Entech 203.2 via coaxial. Would getting a Blue Jean Cable coaxial make much difference? If not I'll stick to the PureAV cable.

Dec 28, 2006 at 8:30 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmf22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was my first reaction. I'm getting a Juli@ soundcard soon and plan to connect it to the Entech 203.2 via coaxial. Would getting a Blue Jean Cable coaxial make much difference? If not I'll stick to the PureAV cable.

Only YOUR ears can tell.

Dec 28, 2006 at 10:42 AM Post #9 of 10
To produce foam, you need some kind of gas.

As Nitrogen is the cheapest gas that will not blow up your factory during the production process, it is first choice for producing foam.

Your grandmothers armchair probably is nitrogen injected, too.
Does it sound good?
eggosmile.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #10 of 10
Think of it as a form of air without that nasty oxygen stuff that makes wire oxidize
wink.gif
Most high qualty foam dielectrics will use nitrogen in the manufacturing process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back