What does Head-Fi think of the SOL Republic Master Tracks?
Aug 11, 2013 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Rezound Sound

100+ Head-Fier
I listened to them at Best Buy earlier today and I liked them; I really liked that they only leaked sound at a very high listening volume. I'm just wondering what audiophiles think of them compared to others at the Sub $200 price point.

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #3 of 7
I used to own the Tracks HD, they will sound good if they are your first pair of headphones of if you are upgrading from Apple's earbuds. However, they are overpriced and can be beaten by many cans under $50. I have not heard the Master Tracks, but Dalethorn (a trusted headphone reviewer) says they're pretty good. Here's his review video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfTSKADMyeI

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #6 of 7
I recently just got the master tracks for 105 dollars and for that amount i think its worth it. Although I still like the sound quality of the xb700 the master track sounds good. The xb700 seems to have a more tight low end bass and not as muddy also the high end and it being open sound pretty good. I think the high end on the master track is sorta lacking.

May 2, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #7 of 7
Got these on sale at Officeworks in Australia and they were so cheap I just jumped in. My source is and iPod touch 4th gen and my files are whatever the iTunes quality is. I have it plugged in to a Headphone amp Just Audio AHA 120. Regular cables only, nothing fancy.

I just have to say the comfort on these things are amazing! Stays stuck on my head, comfy EarPads, no uncomfortable pressure on my ears after long sessions. I'm surprised the quality of sound that these things produce! Maybe my amp does affect things abit but overall these are great for long listening sessions where you want just a relaxed non fatiguing sound where the lows mids and highs are not overly represented but an overall cohesive sound. Bass is there when called upon, sub bass definitely present. Mids. For me are just perfect. Highs are definitely smooth and not sibilant but detailed enough for me to pick out things.

Being closed back headphones soundstage is narrow but I think I can live with that! For the price I paid these are Definitely worth it. At regular RRP there are other choices but at under $100 aud these are a steal. :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back