What does changing the cable entail?
Aug 6, 2003 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jack963

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I'm considering the HD600's right now, and I've heard numerous times how much a cable upgrade helps, so I plan on doing that also. Anyways, I was just wondering what this entails. And when describing, keep in mind, I have never seen our touched apair of HD600's in my life. Thanks a lot.

Oh yeah, a bi of topic, but I am also considering the 580's, and Beyer 770's and 880's. Out of the four (580, 600, 770, an 880), hich would you go with? I'll be using my Sony NF610 (portable MD), Sony EJ925 (PCDP), and Sharp SD-NX10 (home CD/MD system), with (most likely a Meta, maybe a Super Mini....some type of potable amp...). And listening to rock, mainly heavier stuff. Thanks a lot.

Aug 6, 2003 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 7
Changing the cable is simple. It has little plugs at the earcup ends, so it's just unplug the factory cable and plug in tne new cable. I have no comment about the sound of the cans, never having listened to the Beyer's.

Aug 6, 2003 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 7
Alright, thanks. I wasn't sure if there was like slicing and splicing involved or anything. I was hoping it would be that simple. I suppose I'll take the ?'s about the phones over the phone forum. Thanks again.

Aug 6, 2003 at 12:48 AM Post #4 of 7
This is just a thought, but maybe you should be looking at headphones that are a little easier to drive than the four you've mentioned. I've owned all but the 580's and they all like alot of power to sound good. Maybe you should be looking for something like the CD-3000, or some of the Grado or Alessandro headphones. Like I said, just a thought.
Ditto on the cable, just pull off the old one and plug in the new one.

Aug 6, 2003 at 12:54 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for the input. Do you not think a Meta would be able to drive them to well? Well, out of the three you have owned, which did you like the most, and for what reasons? I'm also considering the SR225's and 325's. So those could be choices too. You listened to either of those? Thanks a lot.

Aug 6, 2003 at 1:10 AM Post #6 of 7
I've also owned the Alessandro MS2 and liked it. It's (I guess) a little more refined 325. The phones I like the best of all mentioned so far are the HD600/cardas. But don't go by me, I screwed up and sold them and have been missing them bad. Of the phones besides the Senns that I like, that I've owned, the CD-3000's would be my next choice. Followed by the Beyer DT880. If I was going to be useing a meta or something like that the CD-3000 would be my choice. They where nice with my meta42.
I could live with any of the three phones. HD600, CD-3000, DT-880

Users who are viewing this thread

Back