What do you want from your headphones?
Dec 22, 2004 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Earwax

Headphoneus Supremus
This is a totally unscientific and just for fun poll. Choose as many as apply. The poll only allows 20 choices or I would have included other adjectives.

280smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
600smile.gif
k1000smile.gif
etysmile.gif
eggosmile.gif
lambda.gif

The reason I ask, is that I realize now how many phases I've gone through in the last year. First I was interested in detail, then I was looking for "transparency", now I'm hung up on imaging and soundstage. Comfort is very high on my list as well.

Dec 23, 2004 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 20
I want earphones that are comfortable after long periods of listening. Something that sounds NATURAL (I don't want to hear the bass cut off @ 60Htz or not here treble as loud as everything else.) And I don't want to have to buy them again because they broke. Good stereo/3d imaging would be really awsome too.

Dec 23, 2004 at 12:03 AM Post #3 of 20
All of the above. But I don't think it's possible and highly contradicting.
tongue.gif
Also, the phones should be able to cook.

Dec 23, 2004 at 12:06 AM Post #5 of 20
Dynamics, baby!

Dec 23, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 20
for me....
Treble / sub bass extension, bass slam, dynamics and mildly foreward sounding... but not too aggressive.

I like my V6 but I find myself wanting more treble / sub-bass extension and less agressive mids.

Garrett

Dec 23, 2004 at 1:32 AM Post #10 of 20
Very simple - I want them do disappear. I don't want to hear that there is a transducer producing music - I only want to hear the music. I guess that's why I'm into the whole electrostatic thing. The HE90 would probably be my ideal listening device, but that would go for a lot of people
orphsmile.gif

Dec 23, 2004 at 1:52 AM Post #13 of 20
I want:

--Detail
--Bass Extension
--Bass Slam
--Dynamics
--Warmth
--Brightness
--Smoothness
--Liquidness
--Musicality
--Treble Extension
--Aggressiveness
--Forward

A lot of the above may seem contradictory, but trust me, they are not.

Dec 23, 2004 at 2:19 AM Post #14 of 20
Music is an experience, so all those components have to work together to make that experience the best one possible. Each music criteria has characteristics (Bass Extension can take form in so many ways, so the definition "good" bass extension is based on personal preference). Maybe a better measure would be a scaled rating of the level of importance (1...5).

Dec 23, 2004 at 2:23 AM Post #15 of 20
I want something comfortable, laid-back, detailed (not looking to hear the guitarist's fingers sliding on the strings, but I'd like to have above-average seperation among instruments), good bass extension and some bass slam. I also would've voted for portability had it been a choice, since I'm not gonna invest hundreds of dollars into something I can only use while sitting around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back