What do you want for Christmas?
Dec 14, 2004 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Ph34rful

500+ Head-Fier
Besides headphones and the related items...
biggrin.gif

I have been told several times I am hard to shop for and I need ideas of cool things people can get for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Since we all seem to have similar interests I thought this might be a good idea.

Dec 14, 2004 at 8:39 PM Post #2 of 17
Said already, NintendoDS. I'm not really expecting anything, though, since as far as I'm concerned, I already got my Christmas gift.

Also I asked for a bunch of computer games that I've never played, like Halo, Half-Life, Counterstrike, and MYST URU.

Dec 14, 2004 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
Said already, NintendoDS. I'm not really expecting anything, though, since as far as I'm concerned, I already got my Christmas gift.

Also I asked for a bunch of computer games that I've never played, like Halo, Half-Life, Counterstrike, and MYST URU.

this is really random, but did you try out for Region Band?

Dec 14, 2004 at 11:18 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
this is really random, but did you try out for Region Band?

frown.gif
no, and my section leader that is far inferior to me clarinet-wise made it. I can't believe it, he scored 9th overall out of like 100. If that's true, I should have tried out and placed like -25 or so. lol

I'm gonna do All-Shore, though.

Dec 15, 2004 at 12:16 AM Post #7 of 17
I hope to see my family and friends back home in Munich - that's most important. And as I know my mum, I'd guess it will be loads of self-baked cookies, a pyjama, some underwear and socks as well as some money for me. From my side, it'll be a digicam for mum and my stepfather as well as a pair of speakers for my best friend Jürgen...

And just in case Santa Claus listens: Any chance you could send me a sweet, smart and humourous girlfriend, old chap? Thanks in advance!
wink.gif

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Dec 15, 2004 at 12:23 AM Post #8 of 17
Grado sr225
Gilmore Lite
EMU 1212

Dec 15, 2004 at 3:17 AM Post #9 of 17
Haven't got much on my list this year. A couple PC games, most notably World of Warcraft and Half Life 2, and a couple DVD/TV sets (Tru Calling and Firefly).

World of Warcraft was a tricky one. I had friends coercing me to buy it right away, but it turned out that I was out of town from the date of release until about a week and a half later. By the time I got back, it was only 3 weeks till Christmas, and free is better than not free so... Plus the 8 or 10 people I was planning to play with were already level 10-15 by the time I got back and could have bought the game, so it's not like I'd have been able to pick it up and group with them right away.

Otherwise, I'll get the usual. Some new long sleeved shirts. Couple hundred bucks in cash probably. A few Best Buy cards. I've found that Best Buy cards are mainly good for buying media, whether it be CDs, DVDs, or games, if you've only got $100 or so in them. I can't bring myself to buy computer hardware with Best Buy cards because even though it's "free", you can often find far better deals buying online. I don't ask for audio gear for Christmas. Two things would happen. The first is that none of my relatives would be able to figure out what the hell I was asking for. The second is they'd frown at me wanting say, $300 headphones. Ok, maybe there's a third, which is that I wouldn't get any of it due to costus maximus.

Usually I take a look at my haul after the holidays and figure out what I want/can afford. Not as exciting as having a pile of shiny presents in front of you on the 25th, but at least you can get some things you want.

Dec 15, 2004 at 3:27 AM Post #10 of 17
Already got a lovely 160GB Seagate HD for $60 from BestBuy... gonna swap that out with my 120GB Western Digital in this computer, and use the WD in the Xbox with the modchip that I hope to get for Christmas
biggrin.gif

Also would mind a Boss DD-6 delay pedal for my bass, or a SYB-3 synth pedal. Or both.

And probably some random assorted CDs and T-Shirts from ThinkGeek/Jinxwear.

Dec 15, 2004 at 3:30 AM Post #11 of 17
I havn't thought of anything to ask for but CD's so far. I guess that is a good thing though.

edit:
Probably because I am buying myself a Honda Prelude and Cambridge Audio Azur 640C
icon10.gif

Dec 15, 2004 at 3:30 AM Post #12 of 17
Well, I don't celebrate X-mas, but here are some things I'd wish for:

1. A car. Even a used rice-wagon would be okay with me. Just need something of my own to drive.

2. A new computer. This one's 5yrs old, and 63 megabytes of ram doesn't go far nowadays. (possible, my mom gave me the okay, but that means I have to pay entirely for the car in the future.)

3. New clothes. I'm wearing crap right now. I want to dress nice, since many people say I look good in somewhat formal attire.

4. Braces.

5. A female companion. and I don't mean a lady of the night.

6. A few inches in height, and some more meat on my bones. I'm at a good weight-to-height ratio, but I still look skinny-ish. Not scrawny though, since I'm slightly lean and muscular.

Dec 15, 2004 at 3:48 AM Post #14 of 17
<serious comment>
i want WORLD PEACE! and everyone in the world to be happy and have great holidays!
</serious comment>

<stupid comment>
please PM me with your donations to "MrSlacker's I-Am-Too-Cheap-To-Buy-My-Own-Stuff Fond For Needy MrSlacker"
etysmile.gif
evil_smiley.gif

</stupid comment>

Dec 15, 2004 at 3:57 AM Post #15 of 17
I already got my Christmas presents (yeah, I'm impatient). Audio-Technica CM7's, Halo 2, ESPN NFL 2k5 and Burnout 3. Plus Christmas is at my house this year, so I'll get to kill all my family with shotguns... in Halo, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back