What do you think of this setup?
Sep 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 12
  My current setup on my home computer/gaming is Sennheiser HD558 + Sound blaster z with boom mic. Is it a good setup? should something be added?

Good value for the price, should not need to add anything.
Did you remove the black rubber tape from inside the cups of the HD558.
Should improve (at least a little) the mids & treble (might lose a little bass).

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #4 of 12
  My current setup on my home computer/gaming is Sennheiser hd 558 HD + Sound blaster z with boom mic. Is it a good setup? should something be added?

Yes, add another pair of headphones 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 7, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #7 of 12
  My current setup on my home computer/gaming is Sennheiser hd 558 HD + Sound blaster z with boom mic. Is it a good setup? should something be added?

Hello!

Regarding to this ^ question, do you have anything that you dislike about this rig?

Billson :)

Sep 7, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #8 of 12
Before the new driver update, the volume was extremely loud, but after this new update in June, the volume is soo much better at 100%. Before the update I needed to turn the volume down to 3% or else it would feel like my eardrums would explode. But I'm hoping for a recommandation for a DAC,AMP etc for external volume control which I feel would make this setup complete.  

Sep 7, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #9 of 12
  Before the new driver update, the volume was extremely loud, but after this new update in June, the volume is soo much better at 100%. Before the update I needed to turn the volume down to 3% or else it would feel like my eardrums would explode. But I'm hoping for a recommandation for a DAC,AMP etc for external volume control which I feel would make this setup complete.  

If that is the case, I do not see the need of upgrading anything unless you wanted higher fidelity sound quality, then I'll go for Sennheiser HD600 with maybe Schiit Magni and Modi? xD

Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back