What do you think of the H10???
Feb 8, 2005 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnewport
Has anybody seen one in person, does anyone have one? These little guys look very promising.

do a search. i wrote a review after playing with one at best buy titled iriver h10 initial review; this was just from using it at best buy, though, and i wouldn't call it definitive in any way. basically it's a good little player, but a little steep at $280, imo.

Feb 8, 2005 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 8
The one thing that really annoys me, well actually a few are:

Doesn't have backlighting, so in the dark, its harder to find buttons, and it doesn't look as cool.
Also,
the screen is so small... i think the zen micro has a bigger screen, lol.
Also,
I HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT TTTTE how the play/pause, rewind and fastforward buttons are on the side. How unprofessional.
yuck.

But its a good player besides that (ive never tried it tho)

Feb 8, 2005 at 11:57 PM Post #4 of 8
I think it's one of the slickest designs out there, and I probably wouldn't mind the playback buttons on the side, since they're in the same alignment as on the iHP-120. The screen does look pretty small though.

Feb 9, 2005 at 12:00 AM Post #5 of 8
I too saw the player at Best Buy. I was anxious to try it out but they removed the battery! I asked the employee if I could see the battery but he was rude enough to ignore me
blink.gif
People these days...

Feb 9, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #6 of 8
I'm not a hardcore Audio guy so I dont know if this will be helpful. I dont really like using Windows Media yet because I haven't had a chance to learn how but you can drag-n-drop and listen to the entire content of the folders so it's cool. Yeah the buttons aren't backlit but the button configuration is really easy to remember because there are only 5 plus the slider thing. I was pretty suprised to see they give you mx400 earphones. That's all I have so far, I'll update later when I get a chance to use it more.

FreAk
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #7 of 8
I saw the H10 the other day, the touchpad is a copy of the Zen Touch/Micro. The colour screen is pretty nice but unnessecary imo. It's a small player, not as small as the Micro, maybe slightly larger than the Mini (probably because of the colour screen and all the other features).I didn't actually get a chance to play with it but it looks like a nice little gadget. I'm still glad I bought my Micro though

Feb 9, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpian007
I saw the H10 the other day, the touchpad is a copy of the Zen Touch/Micro. The colour screen is pretty nice but unnessecary imo. It's a small player, not as small as the Micro, maybe slightly larger than the Mini (probably because of the colour screen and all the other features).I didn't actually get a chance to play with it but it looks like a nice little gadget. I'm still glad I bought my Micro though

yea. i know the carbon is a great little player and im sure that this one is great too but for me there is no substitue for the micro yet(for me that is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back