What do you think of the AKM VERITA AK4490 DAC chip?
Feb 24, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #46 of 68
I believe so. Some of the DACs out there allow the user to choose the FIRs right through their interface, while the lower end units just have one pre-selected and implemented.

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #47 of 68
  I believe so. Some of the DACs out there allow the user to choose the FIRs right through their interface, while the lower end units just have one pre-selected and implemented.

That makes sense, I know that on my FiiO K1 the 1db gain (I believe that is what it is) is selected and there is no way to adjust it.

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #48 of 68

Tell that to Astell & Kern... about the only other feature I would have loved to see in my AK320. AFAIK, even the $4K 380Cu doesn't enjoy that option...
frown.gif

Fortunately Cord's Hugo 2 does have (in-house) filter selection...
cool.gif

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #49 of 68
I'm pretty certain that the Teac UD-503 offers filter selection as does the RME ADI-2 Pro (just two that have been on my audition list... :))

I suppose neither is particularly "low-end", but they aren't greater than $2k either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back