What do you think of Sennheiser CX95s?
May 1, 2009 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

CyberGhost

100+ Head-Fier
They cost around $60 from ebay,

Is there anything better near that price range(I'm willing to go up to $100, if something is better than CX95s by $40) than the 95s?

I don't think I will be using an AMP with the headphones.

I mainly listen to Classical rock(Pink Floyd, Queen, Scorpions, Europe, ...) and 80's pop songs. Are CX95s good for that?

May 3, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #6 of 19
Thanks for the reply Mark,

Now I don't know about ebay :/ some of the sellers say their CX95s are genuine, so maybe some of them are real.

Could you recommend anything better than CX95 in that price range though? is anything better?

May 4, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberGhost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Astroid!

What about Shure SE110 or SE210 though? how do they compare to CX95s?

Although not as bad as some here would have you believe , the 110 and 210 are not as good as the CX95 (i have owned all of these) , they lack bass and the treble is a little shrill, the SE115 may be better from what i have read.

My ebay advice would be not to buy from Hong Kong or China, read the feedback for the CX95s they have already sold, if there are any comments on poor sound quality avoid that seller.

My mate got them from this guy :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-Senn...3A1%7C294%3A50

May 4, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberGhost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the reply Mark,

Now I don't know about ebay :/ some of the sellers say their CX95s are genuine, so maybe some of them are real.

Could you recommend anything better than CX95 in that price range though? is anything better?

erm the nuforce 7s get a good write up but never heard them, same with several items on head-direct re2 ive seen isd supposed to be good but ive not really heard all that much in that price bracket

May 4, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by astroid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although not as bad as some here would have you believe , the 110 and 210 are not as good as the CX95 (i have owned all of these) , they lack bass and the treble is a little shrill, the SE115 may be better from what i have read.

My ebay advice would be not to buy from Hong Kong or China, read the feedback for the CX95s they have already sold, if there are any comments on poor sound quality avoid that seller.

My mate got them from this guy :

Brand New_Sennheiser CX 95 Style Headphones CX95 on eBay, also Headphones, Universal MP3 Accessories, MP3 Player Accessories, Consumer Electronics (end time 23-May-09 14:56:39 BST)

That seller's even sold the CX95 for £16 & £17!!! and the SONY MDR-EX85LP for £7!!! -- I'd be inclined to think they are fake. £16 & £7 far too good to be legit. And if legit, which I doubt, then probably stolen.

May 4, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That seller's even sold the CX95 for £16 & £17!!! and the SONY MDR-EX85LP for £7!!! -- I'd be inclined to think they are fake. £16 & £7 far too good to be legit. And if legit, which I doubt, then probably stolen.

All I can tell you is that my friend paid £25ish and they are 100% real. This seller sells them for £33 inc p+p buy me now but obviously just auctions some as well, doesn't mean they are fake or stolen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back