What do you think of my Sansa Fuze+Miscs?
Jan 1, 2009 at 7:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

tailai

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fi, I just bought over 400$(CAN) = 300$(US) worth of audio-related equipments. I would like to know If these items I ordered are good for entry-level "poor audiophile beginners ".

* Sandisk Fuze 8GB Video Player - Silver = (80$) CAN
* A-DATA 8GB Micro SDHC with SD and mini SD adapters = (24$) CAN
* SENNHEISER HD555 - (116$) CAN
* FiiO E5 3.5mm Earphone Volume Booster Power Amplifier (Black) - (27$) CAN
* NuForce NE-8 Stereo Earphones - (85$) CAN
* Tax+Handling+Shipping = (80$) CAN

How much would you rate this out of 10? In terms of:
-Sound Quality (I've used my mini-ipod and 15$ earbuds for 4 years)
-Satisfaction (To my untrained years)
-Durability (I want it to last at least 2 years)

*All these combined, it would be great if Head-Fiers give a rating out of 10.
Even if you say something like, "well it depends..." just rate it!

Are my items well balanced in general? I'm only going to use the HD555 in my home, I heard good reviews on NE-8, I wanted to find out that if FiiO E5 is a good start for a newbie like me to have an idea what a portable amplifier does.

They are all being shipped right now, and as you could see I can't afford too much since I'm a poor college student who just recently lurked on Head-Fi for about a month. Thanks!

Jan 1, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #2 of 19
looks great for what you spent.

9/10 (based on price)

since you spent 400 dollars on everything.. portable and home.

Plenty of upgrades to go on from there.

- SQ hd 555's 6/10 in my scale while NE-8's are unknown to me
- Satisfaction * It depends what you listened to before wearing the 555's.. if it were buds then it would be a 10/10 improvement. if it were sr60's.. it would be the same
- durability ( 2 years is hopeful, but i doubt you'll win against your temptation to improve your sound) from my experience , you'll only last another 3-6 months until your next audio purchase.. so 5/10.

I lurked in head-fi in college (still am in college) .. i remembered the days when i got and loved my sr80's.. then i wanted something more.

SORRY ABOUT YOUR WALLET!

Jan 1, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 19
the hd555's really arent portable at all. i think the 555's really depend on ur music tastes. i scored a better deal tonight on newegg for the microsd (i bought one too=)). 8gb micro sdhc (transcend) class six! for california. about $19.something after tax, free shipping. btw, when u get the e5 and fuze, u have to find a way to attach the two together as one. and a mini-mini. i personally am going to buy a 4 inch mini-mini from headroom, a lil pricy i think for 4 inches. and im gonna use mounting tape.

Jan 1, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #6 of 19
I don't know anything about nuforce, but I have a Sansa (Clip) and HD555 and a Fiio E3 amp. I think you'll be happy with your setup for home use.

To save money, I recommend loading it up with music and just listen. Don't yeild to the temptation to come back here and read all about the newer, better, hotter gear.

As far as durability, take basic care of your gear and it should last. The first thing to go will probably be the rechargable batteries in the Fiio and Fuse. I don't actually know how long these kinds of batteries typiclly last. With any luck you'll be ready to upgrade when the batteries die.

Jan 1, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #7 of 19
Thanks guys, I feel relieved to know that I didn't completely waste my money. Yesterday, I posted my "rig" on other sites, they told me to die in a fire and they rated 1 out of 10. Oh well, I'm going to wait for other head-fiers to review my "build".

Ps: I bought the HD555 because I heard there wasn't that much of a drastic difference compared to HD595 (only a slight overall improvement of a HD555 when unamped), and it was 130$ cheaper.

I didn't buy the transcend card because it didn't include adapters, and Kingston cards can't play videos. So I bought the a-data.

No one commented on my Sansa Fuze, I guess it was a good deal.

What I really want to know is if NuForce Ne-8 was a decent choice I made. Thanks!

Jan 1, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by tailai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys, I feel relieved to know that I didn't completely waste my money. Yesterday, I posted my "rig" on other sites, they told me to die in a fire and they rated 1 out of 10. Oh well, I'm going to wait for other head-fiers to review my "build".

Ps: I bought the HD555 because I heard there wasn't that much of a drastic difference compared to HD595 (only a slight overall improvement of a HD555 when unamped), and it was 130$ cheaper.

I didn't buy the transcend card because it didn't include adapters, and Kingston cards can't play videos. So I bought the a-data.

What I really want to know is if NuForce Ne-8 was a decent choice I made. Thanks!

What site was that? That's kinda rough.

Jan 1, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by tailai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congrats! and enjoy your music...both of these components have been getting some good press around here. Of course, you can do better but for a lot more money.

I have the Fuse and I have the Nuforce Icon Mobile by the way. I like the Nuforce equipment. They make very good products for a great price. I had the Nuforce Icon amp at one time.

I would not try to rate a system like you requested. Based on sound? Value? or what and compared with what? There are to many variables here. Just know that you have good value products.

Jan 1, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Congrats! and enjoy your music...both of these components have been getting some good press around here. Of course, you can do better but for a lot more money.

I have the Fuse and I have the Nuforce Icon Mobile by the way. I like the Nuforce equipment. They make very good products for a great price. I had the Nuforce Icon amp at one time.

I would not try to rate a system like you requested. Based on sound? Value? or what and compared with what? There are to many variables here. Just know that you have good value products.

overall, out of 10

Jan 1, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #13 of 19
Jan 1, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #15 of 19
i think its sandisk -> kingston -> transcend -> rest. but overall, if theres a better value for the money, go with that one. i read the ratings for the transcend one. mostly 5 stars. for 8gb, class 6, cheaper than the sandisk one, id go with the transcend since the ratings are about the same and the transcend is cheaper and faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back