What do you think living in the US will be like in 2020?
Feb 16, 2003 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

dokebi

500+ Head-Fier
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2003 at 10:58 AM Post #7 of 62
[size=small]All the above[/size]

Maybe this could be a little blip from the future:

After the WWIII the United States was broken into 4 zones. First is the North East zone controlled by the Canadians with Canadian laws. Second is the South known as the Confederate States of America. Third is the Midwest zone under French rule and then there is The West which is a territory of North Korea. Free travel is allowed everywhere except The West. Passports and visas are required to go to Montana, Idaho, Arizona etc from any of the other zones. California has been officially (finally) renamed Kalifornia and was finally split into a North and South Kalifornia. The strong hispanic population of South Kalifornia is constantly trying to go to North Kalifornia for better living conditions. This has caused much unease and civil war is expected to break out any day now. This has been a godsend to Montana and Idaho where the citizens are attempting to break away from Korea. All the Koreans attention is focused on the Kalifornias allowing those freedom lovers in the Rockies a chance to gain a stronghold. The people of Washington just relax and drink their coffee, seemingly oblivious to the change in government. Oregonians don't approve of much that the Koreans are doing, but the taxes are finally lower.
It's interesting to note how the Confederate States came to be. While the United Nations was trying to decide how to divide up the land, the Daughters of the Confederacy petitioned for recognition using the argument that The Confederate States of America had existed since the 1860's but that an occupying force had been in control all that time. Since that occupying force was the United States of America and the USA had been found guilty of world domination and was being broken up, the CSA should be allowed to return to it's former grandeur. After the recognition of the CSA as a legitimate government by the UN most former Americans tried to immigrate there. Luckily for Southerners immigration was severely limited. If one could not prove an ancestral link to the original South one was not allowed immigration.
Now The South is the best place in North America to live. Low unemplyoment and a fair tax system with strong industries make it that way.
The North East is not as pleasant, but it's not bad. Some say it's better to live in Pittsburgh than to live in Ottawa.
The Midwest is struggling under France's rule. The French are at a loss as to what to do with all that land and those clean little towns. It seems that nobody from France wants to colonize the Midwest. They seem to afraid of tornadoes, and those giant John Deere tractors.

Negotiations are progressing for Korea to sell part of South Kalifornia, Arizona and New Mexico to the Mexican government. The UN will not allow this until Jeb Bush, President of Mexico proves he has no weapons of mass destruction and agrees to UN inspections.
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2003 at 1:14 PM Post #8 of 62
The entire world will be vaporised by nuclear holocaust before that future happens my friend.

I got two words for North Korea:

ka
boom

I hear China is anxious for a big parking lot...

Feb 16, 2003 at 4:45 PM Post #11 of 62
A nightmare!!!!

Feb 16, 2003 at 6:06 PM Post #12 of 62
I don't know, but we'd better have flying cars. It's 2003, I've waited three years to have the dang things, we'd better have them in 2020.

I want my jetsonmobile!

Feb 16, 2003 at 6:10 PM Post #13 of 62
2020=2000

Since we jumped back 20 years with the current administration, we've got a lot of catching up to do
eek.gif

Feb 17, 2003 at 2:13 AM Post #14 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba
I don't know, but we'd better have flying cars. It's 2003, I've waited three years to have the dang things, we'd better have them in 2020.

I want my jetsonmobile!

And moving sidewalks. There are a few moving sidewalks, but they are not very common yet.

hey gloco; you underestimate the administration. We moved back to the 50's
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2003 at 2:25 AM Post #15 of 62
Flying cars?

you have to be joking me. 90% of the world have a hard enough time controlling their automobiles in 2 dimensions without causing a wreck. Let alone 3 dimensions. They always just hit their brakes, even when slamming on the gas is the better alternative to avoid a wreck. Imagine them dropping throttle and engaging the airbrakes (they DO exist, just watch an A-10 land), the plane would stall and fall straight into someone's house.

If the govt ever allows flying cars, all hope for humanity is lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back