What do you think es2 tomahawk cowon D2 nano
Mar 6, 2007 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ninfan77

New Head-Fier
Well I have the amp and monitors ordered. All I need to decide on now is what player to use. Here is what I was thinking.......

8gig Nano >> cryo micro >> Tomahawk >> ES2's or

1st gen nano >> cryo micro >> Tomahawk >> ES2's or

4th gen ipod with imod >> cryo micro >> Tomahawk >> Es2's or

Cowon D2 >> cryo mini to mini >> Tomahawk >> ES2's

Would I be better off searching for a first gen nano or a 4th gen ipod so I can have the red wine imod done?????

Would the Cowon D2 with cryo mini to mini ran to the tomahawk via headphone jack be a better choice for sound quality??

Damn I really am having a hard time deciding!!!

One question I have that I can't seem to get answered is.......

****Is there difference in sound quality at the line-out docs between the different generations of nano's ?? And Is the 4th gen with redwine imod that much better?????****

My only concern with sound quality of the ipods is at the line-out.

If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it.

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 5
If it were me, I would go first with the 4th generation iPod modded by Vinnie.

My second choice would be a 1st generation iPod Nano.

Both these iPods have the Wolfson WM8975G microprocessor that is an acclaimed DAC. The 2nd generation Nanos do not have the Wolfson DAC. Obviously, the iMod is a direct lineout from the DAC that probably has the best SQ potential (I love mine!).

Mar 7, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #5 of 5
For the best i,ve found, go with the IPOD-IMOD, JUMBO CRYO MINI to MINI , TOMAHAWK and E500s or UE10 PROs. That is the best combo I've found unless you want to switch the TOMAHAWK to the LAROCCO PRII. I like the LAROCCO PRII better than the TOM. in that setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back