What do you think about Barcelona vs Chelsea
Mar 7, 2006 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

cylanes

100+ Head-Fier
I`m hoping for a good Barca victory.

Goooooooooooo Barca

Mar 7, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #3 of 18
I'm really looking forward to it. I have only seen Messi play about 3 or 4 times so I want to see if he'll continue to live up to the hype. Chelsea will be at a disadvantage however with Del Horno and Essien out and there's still the question as to whether Lampard will be fit enough to participate. Hopefully, we'll see some goals and fewer own-goals than the first leg
tongue.gif
. I'm not really rooting for a particular team in this match-up though.

Mar 7, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #4 of 18
Barca plays the most beautiful and audience-pleasing soccer in the world and they're successful to boot. It simply doesn't get any better than this. This doesn't mean I like the individual players from a personality perspective but they're playing great soccer.

Chelsea has some very good players, especially Lampard, Terry, Drogba and Robben but I don't like their playing style which is more defense- and counter-based.

And Mourinho is an ass.

Mar 7, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
And Mourinho is an ass.

He may be arrogant, self righteous etc, but he is a bloody amazing manager.
About the game.. I don't think we (chelsea) have much of a chance sadly.

Mar 7, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #9 of 18
Awesome goal from Ronaldinho
Barco One and Chelsea Nil.

Mar 7, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #12 of 18
Well, I'd be glad either way, because there are portuguese players on both sides, and I'm really a huge fan of Mourinho (since the day he trained my club
biggrin.gif
), but I really wanted barça do move on, since they have my fav. player ... Deco.
So I'm glad they did (also because last year was chelsea's year, so I think this year barça deserves to move on the CL).

Mar 7, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
LFC fan here...hope chelsea gets dump!

Cough - 17 points behind - cough
biggrin.gif

I try to support any English club in Europe, excepting Man Utd of course
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #15 of 18
I'm glad Barco won but I'm so depressed that Bremen lost against Juventus due to a goalie mistake in the 87th minute.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
So when does Ballack start playing for Chelsea, he will add significant power in the midfield, this guy can defend well and has an amazing long range shot, like Lampard.

It might be inevitable but I'd hate to see him leave my home town club Munich. And his header is absolutely incredible. Most fans and experts agree that he has the best header in the world. Him and Lampard will make for a great European style midfield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back