What do you like in a kit?
Sep 18, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #31 of 32
The kit looks really nice; I really like the look of the case. The only thing missing is for someone to buy one and make a build thread here.
I think the full kit will be by far the most popular option, but there are probably a very few who would like just a bare board with no case at all. If reviews of the sound are favorable, I think think this could do very well at this price point ($110 cd). For new builders, the make or break will be a good set of instructions for building and especially setup (I see 4 trimmers). This looks like a very easy build for experienced diy folk.
Now, someone build this and let us know how it is.

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #32 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by srserl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The kit looks really nice; I really like the look of the case. The only thing missing is for someone to buy one and make a build thread here.
I think the full kit will be by far the most popular option, but there are probably a very few who would like just a bare board with no case at all. If reviews of the sound are favorable, I think think this could do very well at this price point ($110 cd). For new builders, the make or break will be a good set of instructions for building and especially setup (I see 4 trimmers). This looks like a very easy build for experienced diy folk.
Now, someone build this and let us know how it is.

This amp wasn't initially entended to be a DIY project, it was simply to build and sell. However 10 years ago I started out as a DIYer, so I thought it would be nice to release this as a DIY kit. So to streamline assembly and make them easy to build huge amounts of time were spent designing on not only for usual goals (sound quality/build quality/ergonomics), but also for ease of assembly. There are no trimmers, there is however a block of 4 dip switches. Two of them bypass the input coupling caps, and two of them select the high gain setting.

There has been a review of the production version (same parts just I assembled it) done by Dweaver. He is a nice gentleman that I met at the Calgary Head-Fi meet a few months ago, he purchased one of the first ones I built. He has posted what appears to be a very honest review based on his equipment.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/mus...-fiers-443913/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back