What do you guys think...
Dec 1, 2010 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jago

Head-Fier
Hi,

Newbie head fi member here looking for some advice please.

Im currently looking to get into a decent(ish) home set up :). I've been reading through these forums for weeks now looking for reviews, user experiences, and what i can get for how full my wallet is ;P. My music tastes vary from blues, electronica, acoustic, alternative. which is why i really fell for the warmth sound of tubes in the LD MKIII 'Tube' amp and as for the price i get a quality little headphone amp which seems just right for what i need, couple that with theLD DAC and i think im onto a winner. Yet as having NO experience with HI/FI and having no-where to go hear/test any of this equipment i'd hate to throw down say £500-£600 on a set-up that i might not be particularly fond of.

Any advice or thoughts on the following set-up would be very welcome :)

laptop M15X - Little Dot DAC-1 - Little Dot MK III - DT990 headphones.

many thanks in advance

J

Dec 18, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #2 of 2
I know this post is a few weeks old but since none of the 33 viewers have chimed in I'll throw out a little advice.Google or Bing the pieces of equipment you're interested in.Read all the reviews & comments you can find.Look for common denominators between you're preferences & the commenter's.You should be able to gather enough information to make an informed decision.Hands on(or ears on as the case may be)is the best way to decide but sometimes that just isn't possible & you need to hedge your bet with as much research as possible.Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back