What do you guys think about the Apple Mighty Mouse?
Mar 24, 2006 at 12:55 PM Post #16 of 20
I don't like the Mighty Mouse - I found it fiddly and the ball was hard to use.

Then again, I'm a weirdo who actually uses the trackpad exclusively on my iBook, and a trackball with desktops.

Mar 24, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #17 of 20
I don't recommend the Logitech MX 510. Although it has lifetime warranty, it's a lot of hassle trying to get a new one. I've broken 2 MX 510's and 1 Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer within a 3 year time frame. Is this a quality issue or is playing 6+ hours of counterstrike a day and leaving computer on overnight to download the reason why my optical mice have failed me so often
confused.gif
?

Mar 24, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by geforcewong
I don't recommend the Logitech MX 510. Although it has lifetime warranty, it's a lot of hassle trying to get a new one. I've broken 2 MX 510's and 1 Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer within a 3 year time frame. Is this a quality issue or is playing 6+ hours of counterstrike a day and leaving computer on overnight to download the reason why my optical mice have failed me so often
confused.gif
?

LOL if you're playing 6+ hours of Counterstrike a day, you have far more problems than a few broken mice.

Sorry, couldn't resist
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #20 of 20
I find it fine to use. The speaker is a weird idea, but in practice it doesn't bother me at all. The main drawback is having to lift your left finger off the mouse to do a right-click - but you do get used to this fairly quickly. It always gets people who aren't used to it though. Now when I use the mouse on my Windows computer, i lift my finger involuntarily too. Ergonomically it's a bit small but it works (warning: my hands are weird, results may vary). The click/scroll wheel I find great - I prefer it to any others I've tried. The side squeeze button works alright too, as soon as you figure out its not supposed to be two buttons.

Bottom line, it works fine, looks nice. There are definitely a number of more ergonomic mice on the market. I use it on my iMac at home because I have no problems with it, it suits me just fine and because I'm horribly superficial.

I don't have any slow cursor response. You can adjust sensitivity and so on in System Preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back