What do you guys do (JOB)??
Apr 28, 2004 at 7:52 PM Post #151 of 211
When I don't study I'm a dishwasher at a resturant. I don't complain, I get free food, free soda, desent per hour payment, free candy (adds up.) Most of the people I work with are pretty cool. Its pretty much I do all the time, but sometimes I doing club dishes or sell saursages. I can also use the other facilities for free , fx the green, the swimmingpool and the gym.
As I said, I not complaing; fx this month I earned just a littile less then $1000, which I find pretty good for a <18 student.

So what I'm I gonna do after school? Slack of course
biggrin.gif

No, I would love to become a commercial pilot, but as the times are now I don't think I would be wise. Futhermore I got some problem with my eyes(short-sighted), so I don't think they would let me in anyway...
I've also though about being a statistician... I love math, and I pretty good at it. It about the only vannilla-math profession, if you don't count teacher.
Lately I've also though about studieing nano technoligy with major in medicin. I think its pretty cool, and one can proberbly get a job with that profession.

Apr 28, 2004 at 8:00 PM Post #152 of 211
Student + work in an alcohol company. Mostly wines and cognacs.
icon10.gif
I have plenty of alcohol at home. Some time ago I had Lois XIII to taste
eek.gif
Definetly not worthy the money, but it's cool to handle a bottle that costs as much as my coming PS-1's
tongue.gif

Apr 28, 2004 at 8:27 PM Post #155 of 211
six months ago I was a graduate student at NC State University conducting research on new type of reinforcement for concrete structures. I wrote 162 pages thesis on this crap.

Since I graduated 5 months ago, I was a waiter in the restaurant earning 1400 dollars a month. I hate it, but it pay the bill.

Starting May 10, I'll be a civil engineer level 1 doing many designs and site developement for public sectors. I also had 3 job offers and denied 2 of them. One of the offer was a project engineer and another is a civil engineering estimator. I didn't seriously look for job until the last month or so. Had 7 interviews, 3 second round interview, and 3 offers. I'm in demand!!

Apr 28, 2004 at 9:11 PM Post #156 of 211
Formerly professional athlete... Now part time university research associate, part time law professor ( lucky me I dont have to teach to undergrads
biggrin.gif
), part time law student (LLD) (just for the fun of it), and finally full time failing to learn to write in English....
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Apr 28, 2004 at 9:16 PM Post #157 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I've recently (October '03) retired from private banking, and now have more time for the beach and my headphones!

I teach a private CPA review course here in the Cayman Islands, where students learn how to pass the exam! I also teach most of the accounting and law courses offered at a local college where I serve as a trustee. I'm a co-author of an accounting textbook, and the managing director of an online university that offers MBA and PhD degrees in business. I also serve as a director of a publicly traded company in the gold market.

So you have a direct source for audio grade .9999 silver for DIY audio?
biggrin.gif
Mayeb gold wires. wooooo.

-Ed

Apr 29, 2004 at 1:38 AM Post #160 of 211
I'm a professional portrait photographer and graphic designer for a high end studio specializing in large wall portraits (up to 50"x60"). It's interesting, but I'm looking at other industries at the moment...

I'm surprised there are not more people here in the A/V industry... audio installers, salesmen, interior A/V designers etc... after all this IS head-fi... :) Just a thought.

-JJC

Apr 29, 2004 at 1:50 AM Post #161 of 211
Was :

Medical Illustrator for a local university;

Computer Graphics Animator Creative Consultant n Partner in TV Production House;

TV Image n Trailer Producer in a regional TV news channel;

Media Producer for a institution of higher learning;

Currently:

Demo Guy for the greatest broadcast solution provider in the world,
Vision: Make, Manage and Move Media
Imagine doing something that you love and getting paid for it.
And yes I get to listen to my headphones on the job as well.
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2004 at 5:00 AM Post #163 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb
I am a Mechanical Engineer.

Originally I work for the Navy designing missiles at the Naval Weapons Center in China Lake Ca. After ten years there I went to work for Northrop as a project manager. Highlights of my time there include working on the B-2 Bomber before it came out of the black. I also worked on a system that was in the SR-71 Blackbird.
I now manage a group of software developers for Siemens.

Wow, thats fascinating, John. I knew about the Mechanical Engineer part but not the other details. The SR-71 is my favorite plane ever. Very cool!

JC

Apr 29, 2004 at 5:15 AM Post #164 of 211
I work for a major banking corporation in the I.S department. I currently direct a team of project managers and have responsibility for all Real Estate and Facilities related projects in the United States (excluding Texas). We handle all data and voice requirements for new departments, relocations of existing ones, new building openings, closings, new branch offices, ATM's etc.
And yes, one of these days I need to get a REAL job
frown.gif

in former lives, I have been a very minor radio personality, and for a long time once, a wholesale wine salesman, and later a wine and beer buyer/expert for a chain of wine shops.
oh, and I'm in the Witness Protection Program........

JC

Apr 29, 2004 at 8:52 AM Post #165 of 211
I'm an unemployed network engineer. I worked for jpmorgan up until the last few years(after i lost my job and came back to school), worked for an ISP previously, and currently admin a law office. I do this part-time, while I'm working on my computer science and applied math degree here at stony brook. I'm 23, so I figure I have alot of time left to start my buisness and make millions : ] I don't plan on going back to a firm. I'm doing school simply because my dad is kind of enough to pay for it : ]

I have an associates degree (yawn) and i just recerified my ccnp. Another useless piece of paper (yet an expensive one :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back