what do you folks recommend i go with?
Oct 3, 2002 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mikey

Head-Fier
hi, im new around here - so bear with me pls.
looking at the various posts about the cmoy and the meta has got me itching to do one or the other. although i have 2 mf x cans (v1 and v2), both do fulltime duty at home. i thought it would be nice to have an amp for my desktop in the office.
i havent had much diy experience - cept for interconnects, some passive crossfeed boxes and right now in the middle of a tube int amp, which is on hold for a bit until i receive some parts that i badly screwed up
frown.gif

bearing this in mind, what would you recommend, a cmoy or a meta?? cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2002 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi mikey

If you are unsure about your skills, I would recommend starting with the Cmoy. It is a very basic, yet great starting project. Check out Tangent's Cmoy Tutorial, it is a great resource. The META is a bit more complex than the Cmoy. That said, Tangent's PCB does make the META very builder-friendly. He also supplies the majority of the necessary components.

Good luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2002 at 8:07 AM Post #3 of 3
hi jmt, iv checked out tangent's site - its very thorough and complete. and yes, the cmoy does look to me a a lot manageable and 'doable' as opposed to the meta, which is very interesting too but i think that is project i could tackle after the cmoy.
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back