What Do You Do With Your E500 If You Don't Want To Use The PTH Module?
Oct 4, 2006 at 7:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

bLue_oNioN

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello,

The current E500 ships with a ~1 foot cable that then links to the PTH module. What do you do if you don't want to use the PTH module while out and about? Are there any cables you can connect the E500 to to extend it out to your waist, so that it works like all the other IEMs on market?

Thanks!

Oct 4, 2006 at 8:15 AM Post #2 of 15
No, you have to cut the PTH off with a knife or scissors.

wink.gif

Just kidding. You can easily just detach the PTH and yes, then use it like a normal IEm in term of just plugging it in to whatever you want it to go.

Oct 4, 2006 at 8:21 AM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
No, you have to cut the PTH off with a knife or scissors.

wink.gif

Just kidding. You can easily just detach the PTH and yes, then use it like a normal IEm in term of just plugging it in to whatever you want it to go.

Isn't the E500's cord a little short for that though? Most IEMs have a cord length of several feet.

Oct 4, 2006 at 8:30 AM Post #4 of 15
Hmmm...I don't know exactly about that, and I doubt you can find that in the specs online...guess you have to wait for somebody who owns one to answer that.
redface.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 9:34 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mirumu
If you don't want to use the PTH, you can disconnect it and replace it with the longer cable that's included with the E500s.

So there is a lightweight extension included!

Could someone please supply a picture of it?

Are the plugs bulky/heavy? (i.e. when you walk or run, will they smack against your back?)

Oct 4, 2006 at 1:23 PM Post #7 of 15
The extension cable included is the same size as the standard codes attached to the E500s. Uses standard 1/8" jacks, 1 female, and 1 male, there is also a small 6" adapter for 1/8" to 1/4" jacks. I can post pictures later this week.

Oct 4, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #8 of 15
Has anyone here found using the E500 WITH the supplied extension cord to be too cumbersome for running, etc? I'm worried about the added weight -- makes it easier for the cord to swing around and pull on the earphones.

Oct 4, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #11 of 15
Wow, thank you very much for the picture, it's perfect for figuring out the proportions.

Do you find the "joint" between the E500 and the extension cable a little big for your tastes, or can you barely feel it when you're walking around?

Oct 4, 2006 at 11:37 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
Wow, thank you very much for the picture, it's perfect for figuring out the proportions.

Do you find the "joint" between the E500 and the extension cable a little big for your tastes, or can you barely feel it when you're walking around?

No problem!

I walk to lectures and around town every day with my E500 on and the size of the "joint" has never been an issue.

Oct 4, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

I can't say I ever notice it myself.

Oct 5, 2006 at 8:47 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Has anyone here found using the E500 WITH the supplied extension cord to be too cumbersome for running, etc? I'm worried about the added weight -- makes it easier for the cord to swing around and pull on the earphones.

I can imagine that using the extension cord with these is really a nice in that you are protected from having these things ripped from your ear canal if you snag the cord on something. That hurts.

The cord disconnecting would serve sort of a break-away function.

Oct 5, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob ♫
I can imagine that using the extension cord with these is really a nice in that you are protected from having these things ripped from your ear canal if you snag the cord on something. That hurts.

The cord disconnecting would serve sort of a break-away function.

I've done that once already! The break-away function is pretty useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back