What do you do with your CDs once you've ripped them?
Apr 13, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #46 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by epaludo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just carefuly store them, because i know i'll need some of them in the future ...
biggrin.gif

Ditto...I also keep a database. I like to look at the database and two big cabinets to reassure myself that I actually paid for a physical thing that i can see and hold (...though storage is becoming increasingly problematic...)
wink.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

Apr 13, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #48 of 61
I put them in storage tubs and are in a storage locker. Thankfully I did. I did my origonal downloads of approx. 1200 cds @ 128k several years ago. I then followed the advice here and started re-ripping lossless through EAC. I keep a 128k hard drive for my portables and a lossless hard drive for backup. I have yet to start transfering LDs, VHS or DVDs. What a pain.

My brother has been trying everything he can to get a copy of either. Of course that's illegal and I can't do that.
wink.gif

Apr 14, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #50 of 61
I rip them, then put them in the bookshelf. The jewel cases look nice. =) And it's always good to have the original media; I never buy music without the physical media. I like having the case, the cover art, the liner notes, the extras.

Sometimes it makes more sense to use the CDs as well. Rosetta's The Galilean Satellites is a two-CD set, one of post-metal, the other of ambient music, which are mixed and designed to be played simultaneously. When I got the album, I ripped to EAC and mixed the two discs together for portable listening. I've only listened to the album properly once, at a friend's house who has a speaker setup and a CD and DVD player. Took some doing to get them both to play at once.

Apr 14, 2008 at 10:19 AM Post #51 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Billy, do you keep your obsolete G08 next to your antiquated 8-Track player, which is next to your BetaMax VCR?
biggrin.gif

I am telling you its almost vintage these days!..
biggrin.gif
I actually seen a vcr just earlier this mourning at someones house next to a cassette deck.

my first thought is the person most likely makes home movies here or something...

HALLO *****CAT!

Apr 14, 2008 at 10:43 AM Post #53 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by legless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh huh. I would the album artwork over my walls to use as wallpaper.

Brilliant idea! I hadn't thought of that ...

I always scan the artwork for some odd obsessive-compulsive reason. Taking apart the CD that way really makes me appreciate the amount of work that has gone into making the album. (I still have a gripe with the plastic, though.)

Apr 22, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #59 of 61
OTHER:

I play music thru flac/mp3 @ home
MP3 @ ipod

then use the CD to play in the car =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back