What do you do when you're "down in the slumps"?
Aug 31, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #31 of 48
x3 on the camping idea. Alone is preferred (you'd be amazed at what a couple of days in the wilderness will do for you), but with friends is ok too, just less serene and introspective.

You sound like a beach bum though, so... why not enjoy it? Spend a night on the sand, have a bonfire. Run around naked and go for a swim.

Liberate your mind. Shopping is not a good option.

Aug 31, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #32 of 48
Sorry to hear you're in such down state of mind. I also sometimes feel like I have accomplished nothing so far. I work and make a decent amount of money but I still don't do what I really want to do when I "grow big". But we are around the same age and we have plenty of time.
What I do when I feel bad is shout and swear the guts out of my mind haha so I just be mad. But I also try to convert it into something good like I go work on my photography, wether that is thinking about what I should make or make something out of the blue.
Or just go lay on the couch with my hps on and let the music fill my mind up with happiness. Or freak out in the livingroom with speaker blasting all kinds of dancable stuff (not just when I am angry or feel sad) but that really gives me a chance to get rid of some agressive feelings I have sometimes. Or post on headfi haha. Good luck anyways
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #34 of 48
Man, I just find something I don't want to do and do it. Nothing cheers me up like getting uncomfortable things out of the way, and they pile up fast.

Sounds like you're in a bit of a tough spot right now, though, and what you need is more than a quick pick me up. Why don't you grab a buddy and hit every good times/ white castle / waffle house / etc. you see between you and some arbitrary point 500 miles away from you. A good pointless road trip with loud music playing out of open windows at highway speeds might be the cure for what ails you. Maybe play a game of four state frisbee at the four corners, or take a topless picture of a friend a mount rushmore, or something like that.

Aug 31, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #36 of 48
Trials...I'm talking like:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qdW0_yXk-...elated&search=

Yeah, doing that stuff on a crappy bike is more frustrating than what you were originally riding to get away from. Like brake suck, geometry just being a PITA, or just crappy components...

Right now...I'm just dabbling away at CorelDraw and Dreamweaver....trying to get my mind of stuff...butlast night...meh, I didn't goto bed till 5am because I couldn't sleep....sucky AGAIN.

Sep 1, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you grab a buddy and hit every good times/ white castle / waffle house / etc. you see between you and some arbitrary point 500 miles away from you. A good pointless road trip with loud music playing out of open windows at highway speeds might be the cure for what ails you.

i've done that. but it was BK. man were we sick.

Sep 1, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #39 of 48
Do not stay indoors. Go for a run, bike ride, unicycle ride, long distance Razor scooter ride... But remember: if you go for a run, it is required that you jump over things like garbage cans and down small flights of stairs. Nothing makes a person happier than jumping over stuff.

Sep 1, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Megalomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Strangely, I listen to depressing songs when i'm feeling down.

The Smiths.

The combination of misanthropy and self-pity in Morrissey's songs is a balm. Plus the music is so cheery even when the song is about throwing yourself under a bus.

Sep 1, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #41 of 48
I take my kid somewhere. Nothing cheers me up like a sweet little 4 year old that wants to be just like Daddy.

Option B: Wrestle with the dogs.
C: Build something.
D: Lay in the hammock and strum the guitar.
E: Work out- anything to get the heart rate up.
F: Do something that I know will make my wife happy- good deeds usually come back to you!!
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #42 of 48
Any more advice/what do you do?

Sep 2, 2007 at 9:51 AM Post #44 of 48
Listen to music.

Read a good escapist novel.

Go and have a few beers with friends.

cheers
Simon

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #45 of 48
I've found that playing with cards is a new "letting go of everything". Poker dealer school is pretty sick, I was honestly sad when class ended, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back