What do you consider serious listening? Are you doing other thing while listening to music?
Nov 8, 2008 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

yossi126

500+ Head-Fier
This thing came up to my head as i found myself listening to music while not doing anything else. my set up is computer-based so most of the time i surf the net or chatting friends.
From time to time I can enjoy a full time experience but it won't occur too often.

Please let me know what are your preferences.

Nov 8, 2008 at 11:44 AM Post #3 of 43
Absolutely not--by definition. Otherwise, it's not serious listening. And the eyes are always closed. Also, the darker the room, the better.

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #4 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoreman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Absolutely not--by definition. Otherwise, it's not serious listening. And the eyes are always closed. Also, the darker the room, the better.

also you must look like this with headphone on your head.
Kodo_Sawaki.jpg

tongue.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:26 PM Post #5 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
also you must look like this with headphone on your head.
Kodo_Sawaki.jpg

tongue.gif

How'd you get my picture?
eek.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:28 PM Post #6 of 43
Do not look behind you
ph34r.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #7 of 43
actually..... when listening to some music im not familiar with, i can't concentrate on it
so when doing test to a equipment, i must choose the piece of my favourite music which i know really really well

Nov 8, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #8 of 43
To me serious listening are done when you do nothing but leaning back, with full focus on the music. Preferably in a dark room, little outside noise, a comfortable chair.

If you operate a computer, read a book, or something, then you don't do serious listening. More like background music.

Nov 8, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #9 of 43
I usually sleep while I listen to music in my recliner. It doesn't start out that way...

Nov 8, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #10 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Preferably in a dark room, little outside noise, a comfortable chair.

Isn't this too sleep inviting? How long would you resist until falling asleep?

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:12 PM Post #11 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoFreire /img/forum/go_quote.gif

same feeling here, If I am listening while surfing the web, it relax me and I can enjoy the music for hours.
smily_headphones1.gif
But for serious listening, I can't focus very well after about 30 minutes, my brain just stopped working and tend to fall asleep.

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #12 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by frank99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
same feeling here, If I am listening while surfing the web, it relax me and I can enjoy the music for hours.
smily_headphones1.gif
But for serious listening, I can't focus very well after about 30 minutes, my brain just stopped working and tend to fall asleep.

Exactly what happens to me. Specially at night, when it's dark and silent (good for listening) but also when it's hard to keep the brain active and focused.

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #13 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoFreire /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A complete album usually are no problem. And if I tend to fall asleep I usually just either go to bed, or do something else. Example surfing Head-Fi..

I simply have a hard time focusing on the music if I sit in sharp light, lots of outside noise, and perhaps even in an uncomfortable chair.
tongue.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #14 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I usually sleep while I listen to music in my recliner. It doesn't start out that way...

My sign that I'm falling asleep? I'm listening to a song...and I can't remember the song that played right before it. At that point...nighty-nite!

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #15 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A complete album usually are no problem.

Maybe the music style is a variable in our equation... What kind of music do you listen to?
I usually listen to classical music, which tends to be less exciting and more relaxing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back