What do you call this type of bass
May 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

coolaneasy

New Head-Fier
So I have heard some songs like the Eagles' Hotel California where the beat has a rumble to itself after it plays. almost like a distant thunder. wat kind of bass is that. i lovee that and thats my goal to achieve out of denon 2000s. looking for a good portable amp for that now.

May 9, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #2 of 11
That's what you call sub bass.  A lot of headphones have trouble accurately representing that.  Sometimes an amp with good bass boost can boost that pretty well, without overboosting the mid-bass and drowning out the midrange.  I've heard the E11 has this kind of bass boost, for one.

May 9, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 11
under 64htz - probably around 40htz - difficult to reproduce in headphones, but that's what good amps can help with.  Below that you start to get into frequencies that really can't be reproduced on headphones at all, since they are not really heard with the ears so much as felt with the body.

May 10, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #6 of 11
lol. i dont know man. looking at some threads even the silly ones getting more replies, I felt it was about time I thanked the ones who already replied and lost hope on receiving further replies hehe.

May 11, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #7 of 11
Trust me - the sillier it is, the more likely it is to receive a reply. There is a thread here somewhere from some clown who painted his Grados purple, and it generated a massive post count.

May 15, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
god damn it. i jst searched for it and that crap has like 21 pages of reply. lame

Oh, its way beyond lame. There are some very knowledgeable regulars here, and there are folk who are more concerned with things like purple Grados and whether or not someone else disapproves of their choice of IEM from a fashion standpoint. I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back