what do use your md recorder for?
Nov 27, 2004 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 21
I use mine for just regular music playback. This is a great format! Why can't CD's be this convienient?

Nov 27, 2004 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 21
Well I used to use my Sony Mini-Disc recorder to burn mix's from my CD's so I don't have to keep popping CD's in and out to hear my favorite songs, that is until it konked-out recently.
mad.gif
I just havn't had ANY luck with Sony products, I mean EVERYTHING I ever buy with a Sony brand breaks on me.
mad.gif
I'm looking to buy a regular CD-Recorder to replace it, but it DAMN sure wont be another Sony!
rolleyes.gif
Sorry, end of rant.

Nov 27, 2004 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
I use mine for just regular music playback. This is a great format! Why can't CD's be this convienient?

cd's can be if you make them more compact like storing them into pro sleeves.

Nov 27, 2004 at 1:22 AM Post #5 of 21
I used to use my MD recorder for recording minidiscs, then I mostly just used it for playing them.
biggrin.gif
Ok, now that my smart@$$ comments are done, I actually got some good use out of using mine to record live music. Plus, I used it to record acoustic guitar and mix it into a computer. I really enjoyed it for that. With the right mic it sounded quite nice.

Nov 27, 2004 at 1:22 AM Post #6 of 21
They still don't come in shock-absorbent cases preventing anything from touching their read surface.

Nov 27, 2004 at 5:25 AM Post #11 of 21
I use mine to record new releases my friend buys almost every week.
He carries around a 50 cd case and there's usually something new in there. While we are having a drink, I just connect my MD to his sony pcdp and record the cd.

Nov 27, 2004 at 5:43 AM Post #12 of 21
I use my Sony minidisc recorders to record lectures, sermons, live music, and radio programs. The MD recorder is so much easier to use as a recorder compared to other recorders I have (NJB3, Ripflash, IHP-120).

Nov 27, 2004 at 6:02 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by IpaqMan
I use my Sony minidisc recorders to record lectures, sermons, live music, and radio programs. The MD recorder is so much easier to use as a recorder compared to other recorders I have (NJB3, Ripflash, IHP-120).

well said ipaqman.long live minidisc!

Nov 27, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowWorm
Well I used to use my Sony Mini-Disc recorder to burn mix's from my CD's so I don't have to keep popping CD's in and out to hear my favorite songs, that is until it konked-out recently.
mad.gif
I just havn't had ANY luck with Sony products, I mean EVERYTHING I ever buy with a Sony brand breaks on me.
mad.gif
I'm looking to buy a regular CD-Recorder to replace it, but it DAMN sure wont be another Sony!
rolleyes.gif
Sorry, end of rant.

All Sony audio things suck, get over it and don't buy them again. I just had a C.D. player that broke within a week of normal use. With sony, all you are paying for is the sony name on your product.

Nov 27, 2004 at 10:30 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
All Sony audio things suck, get over it and don't buy them again. I just had a C.D. player that broke within a week of normal use. With sony, all you are paying for is the sony name on your product.

Interesting comment. I am sorry to hear about that problem.

I have a four year old Sony F55 digital camera, a four year old Sony Picturebook C1XS notebook, several Sony Minidisc recorders, several Sony digital voice recorders, and a four year old Sony CD player, all of which are working great (most in perfect working condition). My older Sony equipment tends to be obsolete before they "break".

When I choose Sony, I usuallly do so because of desired features that are not yet available in competitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back