what do u think of this laptop
Dec 8, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 5
Not a great deal. It is just a MSI MS-1029 barebone which you can find at buy.com for $900. Throw in your own harddrive, processor, cd-rom drive, wifi, and ram and it will still be cheaper.

Dec 8, 2005 at 2:57 AM Post #3 of 5
it's a good deal for the specs when it comes to that kind of laptop. However, i'm not one to trust this kind of firm on build quality, software, updates and other things that go into a computer. for the hardware, as in PCU, memory, and that other stuff, it seems like a good deal; but check out their support, if you think you could easily use the keyboard (if you plan on doing work with it), software that might cut down the cost of ownership, how noisy it is, if there is protection if it falls down (like stoping the hard drive to protect data) and other such things. also might want to ask about battery life if you plan on using it for more than two hours.
happy shopping!

Dec 8, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the replies. I think I will pass this one.

Sadly few companies seem to use MT-40 (Turion 2.2 GHZ 25 watts). I guess that's where AMD fails. Not enough OEM support.

I think I will wait and get a Intel Core duo (Yonah dual core) laptop.Though its not 64-Bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back