What did you want to be when you were young?
May 5, 2010 at 3:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 93

ssavage

500+ Head-Fier
Was it what you became?
Sorry if there's a thread about this but I'm interested.
Personally, I have wanted to have many careers.
Some including a professional moto gp racer(superbikes), mma fighter, jsf pilot.
However, my faith is decided now. I will join the Marines.
smily_headphones1.gif

hbu?

May 5, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #4 of 93
A hockey player. But when it came time to get serious hockey was more fun as a sport to me than as a job and I lost my passion for playing. I almost joined up with the marines but I was accepted to law school first and figured that may be the safer route.

May 5, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #8 of 93
I wanted to be someone who knew what true happiness was.

May 5, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #9 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanted to know what true happiness was.

Apparently, you can only know that once your dead. Aristotle it think, but I could be mistaken.

May 5, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #10 of 93
I have always wanted to be a scientist, going to school to do that. Living my childhood dream!

May 5, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #11 of 93
I wanted to be a professional piano player. Kids use to call me Jr. Mozart in jr high and high school. I was really good and won a lot of contest but ended up quitting when I was about 15 due to the 4hr practice sessions and wanting to pursue other things like sports and a job. For some reason it left a bad taste in my mouth that I havent been able to bring myself back to playing again.

May 5, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #13 of 93
wanted to be a fireman

then I learned that fire is dangerous, and that I am both a coward and a weakling

May 5, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #14 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssavage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
safer, richer.
or trade that for honor?

I think mayhap you hold the U.S. army in too high regard.

Also, I may have minored in Astronomy if the intro class wasn't impossible to get into. Here, you have to e-mail the professor and ask to be put on the waiting list at least a semester and a half before you register if you want any hope of getting in. So I'm majoring in East Asian Studies. Not sure what I'll do with that, but at least I'll be able to speak Japanese.

Also, I resent your signature and, were I a bigger basketball fan, would contest it vehemently.

I wanted to be a fireman. Then I realized I was flammable.

May 5, 2010 at 4:45 AM Post #15 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wanted to be a fireman

then I learned that fire is dangerous, and that I am both a coward and a weakling

I bet you lit things on fire constantly as a kid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back