What did the portly fella in red bring?...
Dec 25, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #46 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by rreynol
GF:
Epox 9NPA+Ultra
Saitek Illuminated KB
Razer Copperhead mouse

Wow, your GF gave some sweet swag!

The fat guy was pretty good to me this year...

Sony V26XBR1 LCD TV (Gift from my mother. She didn't know I bought a Samsung just a month ago. Good for me because this one kicks it butt), Dart Board, Darts, Candles, Leather Gloves, Gift cards from Bucks, Wally Worlds, and Visa

My employees gave me a ton chocolates. Obviously they want me to get fatter the little bastages!
wink.gif
Twenty of them got together and bought me a $100 GC to Banana. Now, that was awesome!

Dec 26, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #50 of 88
Just blown some of the crimbo stash on a memory upgrade...

memory3wp.jpg

Corsair (TWINX1024-3200C2PT) 1024MB (2 x 512MB Matched Pair), DDR400 / PC3200, non-ECC, Unbuffered, CL2 - Anyone need a 512mb matched Muskin 2-2-2 kit (BH6 chips) ?
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #51 of 88
~ Sennheiser HD 555's !!!
~ Sony DSC-S60 Digital Camera
~ 1 ticket to China (I'll be leaving tomorrow morning, be there for two weeks)
~ New cell phone + service once I get back from China, hopefully a Sony Ericsson W600i.

Dec 26, 2005 at 2:24 AM Post #52 of 88
i'm a teenager and getting my driver's licence in june and I don't have a job. The insurance is gonna run me a nice $800 so all I asked for was MONEY
biggrin.gif
. I got $405 and a $75 dollar sportcheck gift card.

Oh and a cheap soldering iron
biggrin.gif

ooooo im so tempted to go to the mall and blow it all
frown.gif

Dec 26, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #53 of 88
So far
$120 Best Buy giftcards
$30 in Wal-mart cards
$50 to shop @ Journey's (I have a major sneaker fetish....)
$90 cash

...and some socks

Dec 26, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #54 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oink1
Just blown some of the crimbo stash on a memory upgrade...

memory3wp.jpg

Corsair (TWINX1024-3200C2PT) 1024MB (2 x 512MB Matched Pair), DDR400 / PC3200, non-ECC, Unbuffered, CL2 - Anyone need a 512mb matched Muskin 2-2-2 kit (BH6 chips) ?
biggrin.gif

For free? Why, sure!
biggrin.gif

nice ram, you should have fun with that.

Dec 26, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #55 of 88
Columbia Sport winter coat
Kodak DigiCam
Clothes
$50 BestBuy GC
Books (Now You Know vol. 1,2,&3 and Guiness World Records 2006)
Picture Frames
LowePro Camera Bag
Bed Comforter

Dec 26, 2005 at 3:40 AM Post #56 of 88
Bought myself a Velodyne DD-10 Subwoofer.

Sister bought me a HP z556 Media Center PC, but I already had one, so I made her take it back (she doesn't need to spend $1500 on me). She really thought she got me something I didn't have already, so I told her that I want a new lens for my Digital Rebel XT, should have a nice 75-300mm lens soon
smily_headphones1.gif

And the most grand gift of them all, a check from my parents (no need for details here, but the check just barely hit the 5 figure mark).

I think I know have money for those new AKG's and portable amp I have been wanting
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 26, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #57 of 88
I did extremely well this year!
PSP
Star Trek Nemisis on UMD
40 Year Old Virgin DVD
A Christmas Carol on DVD
Seinfeld (another season - I cannot remember) on DVD
Sweater
Wine
Candy
$50 Best Buy Gift Card
$25 Barnes & Noble Gift Card
$25 Starbucks Gift Card
Barnes & Noble Discount Memebership

I gave:
PSP
Sirius Annual Membership
EZPass
Perfume
Diamond Earrings
18K White Gold Necklace
Sports Illustrated Calendar

...and lots of love
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2005 at 4:16 AM Post #58 of 88
I got this really nice computer chair from my parents. It's very comfortable. my old chair had torn fabric and was not that comfortable, so this new one is great.
My mom gave me and my brother $175 towards new PCs.
My brother has this old Dell 1.6GHz machine that isn't cutting it for him. I'm giving him my P4 Northwood B 2400, my Gigabyte 848p motherboard, and 512MB of Kingston RAM. I'm getting a Athlon X2 3800+, MSI nforce 4 motherboard, and 1GB of GSkill RAM. We split the bill for the new stuff evenly between my mom, my brother, and myself.
My grandparents got me this nice leather jacket. It's really warm and comfy and the hawt chicks can't get enough of it.
I got a new Weller 25w iron to replace my old Radioshack 25w iron. The tip on the radioshack was starting to go and the Weller was on sale for like $15. It's a much shorter heating element and overall seems higher quality.
I got a cool screwdriver with a bunch of interchangable heads.
I got a huge pack of Dremel bits.
I only got one giftcard this year, $30 at compusa. Giftcards are brilliant marketing. You give someone like $20-30 in giftcards, so they end up going into the store, where they will probably spend a good deal more. My friend has a bunch of CompUSA giftcards, so I think I will buy some off him and get something cool for the new PC.
I got various clothing, which is pretty good.
I got a clock made out of a circular saw blade.
My brother and I got a ~10 year old Toshiba 27" TV from my parents.
My brother got me Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road SACD set. Two SACDs and a DVD with interviews and stuff. I got him Queen's Greatest Hits I, II, and III 3cd set. It's our annual xmas CD exhange.
I got a check for $50 from my grandparents.
I got assorted other small stuff that I don't fully remember right now.

My parents bought, about a week ago, an open box 36" Panasonic HDTV. Minor cosmetic damage, but a $800 TV for $400, damn! That's why my brother and I have the Toshiba now.
My brother got a 30gb black 5th gen Ipod from my grandparents. It's sitting next to me right now. I like to make fun of the Ipod craze, but DAMN, this thing is beautifully engineered. The screen is bright, colorful, and huge. The touchwheel is very intuitive. I wish they had black earbuds, because everyone has the damn white earbuds and I like variety. The case is not made of vinyl as I originally though, but some sort of lambskin or something. I wish that it had an opening for the screen and the buttons though, guess I'll need to find a good case for him to buy that protects it while allowing you to use it.

Dec 26, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #59 of 88
Let's see...

$150 total cash from friends & family
$25 gift certificate to Ruby Tuesday
$20 gift certificate to Books A Million
Some odd candy
Shoe chains (like tire chains for shoes.. It rarely snows here
confused.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back