What did the portly fella in red bring?...
Dec 25, 2005 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 88

Oink1

Headphoneus Supremus
It's that time of year again - new toys!
biggrin.gif
List your new stuff!
smily_headphones1.gif
( Head-Fi related or not, if you think it deserves a mention - list it!
eggosmile.gif
)

Dec 25, 2005 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 88
So far...
$35 in lottery tickets
one of those new "cold-touch" solderiong irons
a new wire stripper
a small foos-ball table
$30 best buy gift certificate

Garrett

Dec 25, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 88
So far:

Panasonic SJ-MJ50 Minidisc Player (I'll take photos of it soon as it's THE most beautiful portable music player I've ever owned!). I got it off eBay the other day "NOS", but my mum said she'd pay for it for Christmas.

Hitachi 42PD7200 42" Plasma HD TV (OMG!!! I keep just exclaming "How big is our TV????"
biggrin.gif
). This was a present for all the family, bought on Friday afternoon.

Merry Christmas!!

Dec 25, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #5 of 88
* Music from a HeadFier
* 21" LCD from girlfriend
* XBOX 360 from me
very_evil_smiley.gif

* National Geographic Subscription from my boss
* Restored Vintage Seiko self-powered wristwatch (parents)

More stuff on the way !!
smily_headphones1.gif

I've been too busy stuffed up at work to appreciate anything...I'm at home while my labrats (peers) play with my brand new XBOX at work
tongue.gif
LOL

Dec 25, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #9 of 88
blink.gif
/me checks time. 3.5 hours until Christmas.
blink.gif

I know all of you aren't >= GMT...

What's with this opening of presents on Christmas Eve? Never understood it. So you get 'em a day earlier. Whoo-hoo. Bah humbug. Mine are still wrapped.

Dec 25, 2005 at 1:49 AM Post #10 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
blink.gif
/me checks time. 3.5 hours until Christmas.
blink.gif

I know all of you aren't >= GMT...

What's with this opening of presents on Christmas Eve? Never understood it. So you get 'em a day earlier. Whoo-hoo. Bah humbug. Mine are still wrapped.

don't know about you, but I unwrap my presents when I get them. It's just that some lazy friends choose to wait until christmas eve before giving them to me
rolleyes.gif

Dec 25, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #11 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
don't know about you, but I unwrap my presents when I get them. It's just that some lazy friends choose to wait until christmas eve before giving them to me
rolleyes.gif

Friends gifts are one thing. Family's gifts, though... meh. Something about Christmas morning, the tree, the presents; and then the meal!

Anyhoo, whatever floats your boat. Happy Festivus!

Dec 25, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #12 of 88
Nothing yet, I'll have to wait 'till tomorrow
biggrin.gif
On another note, who else is in the Grinch club besides me? Tomorrow is just another day...

Dec 25, 2005 at 2:28 AM Post #13 of 88
Tomorrow's the day for my family, but first we actually have to go to church! Not only that, I'm playing an offeratory on the organ I've done little preparation for. But hey, hopefully God will let something good come out of it. Until tomorrow, Merry Christmas Head-Fi'ers! Hopefully there's a Stax in that stocking.
wink.gif

Dec 25, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #14 of 88
I'm not a big fan of the winter holiday thing, bad music, too many decorations, political correctness to an extreme
eek.gif

I'm not going to say no to free presents though
biggrin.gif
, I got a hoodie and belt so far I dont know what I'm getting tommarrow morning. I was lame this year and just bough everyone on my list flash memory (512 SD cards for all, cept dad who got a nice new 2 gig 80x CF card and mom who I got a new 19" LCD
icon10.gif
)

EDIT: alright, I got a WTCPT soldering station, solder, desoldering braid, hook-up wire and $100 in credit toward either Digi-key or Mouser

Dec 25, 2005 at 5:43 AM Post #15 of 88
Thus far:

A night off with the whole family (brother's in town and both my sister and I are off work) playing games/cards and talking.
A 25W soldering iron
A nice spool of kester solder
Door hooks (little things that hook over the top of a door, and provide a place to hang things. Most handy little accessory).

That was from my siblings. Tomorrow morning we'll do the gift-giving for the parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back