What did I get myself into?
Nov 11, 2005 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

MarkKLC

Head-Fier
After lurking around here for a while, I've finally made my first major (at least in my world
rolleyes.gif
) headphone purchase: the SR60's!

All I can say is... wow... there's guitars and drums that I never realized were in my Air Supply songs until now. As an owner of the EX51's, I was worried about the lack of bass in these phones, but the bass is just as strong, except ten times tighter. And the highs.... yummm

Thank you Head Fi! If it weren't for you guys, I would've missed out on something so special!
rs1smile.gif

I'm hoping that I'll take my cans, run, and never look back. For the sake of me being able to pay my tuition, please... tell me that these are the last cans I'll ever buy.

Nov 11, 2005 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 26
If you ever try to read Photo threads, 2 days later you'll be drooling infront of them. Once you drool, there is no turning back !!
Then you'll just want to try them and you'll end in buying them anyway.
As you'll read more posts about headphone/amp combo that improve every phones, you'll just want to try an amp. Maybe you'll try one and realize that it improves phones indeed, forgetting that you just tried a $500 headamp, and you'll buy an amp or two (home and portable).

Once you have reached this step, there is no hope anymore...
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 10:41 AM Post #4 of 26
If you don't let yourself get carry away with this crazyness called head-fi, this is the last pair of headphones you'll buy in a long time.
I could easily live with just the sr60s. They are simply very good. If you leave head-fi now you won't feel the need to upgrade for a long time IMO. It's knowing and reading about about all the good stuff that's out there that makes most people here upgrade. Only some are driven by their true audiophilia.
Just the way I look at head-fi.
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 4:25 PM Post #5 of 26
Run, run away! Unplug the computer cancel your internet and never, never, NEVER look here again!

Grado sr60s as a major purchase... there is much you have to learn.
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Welcome to head-fi and sorry for your wallet.
eggosmile.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkKLC
After lurking around here for a while, I've finally made my first major (at least in my world
rolleyes.gif
) headphone purchase: the SR60's!

All I can say is... wow... there's guitars and drums that I never realized were in my Air Supply songs until now. As an owner of the EX51's, I was worried about the lack of bass in these phones, but the bass is just as strong, except ten times tighter. And the highs.... yummm

Thank you Head Fi! If it weren't for you guys, I would've missed out on something so special!
rs1smile.gif

I'm hoping that I'll take my cans, run, and never look back. For the sake of me being able to pay my tuition, please... tell me that these are the last cans I'll ever buy.

The force is strong in this one.

Nov 11, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkKLC

I read this and all I'm thinking is......[size=large]I want my life back[/size].....
frown.gif

Amicalement

Nov 11, 2005 at 5:02 PM Post #8 of 26
if these are the last cans you'll ever buy, you chose wisely. they are the best value cans period. so much sound for so little dough.

Nov 11, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
I read this and all I'm thinking is......[size=large]I want my life back[/size].....
frown.gif

Amicalement

Awww, that's so sad, you need cheering up, why don't you have a slice of Rick's whipped pumpkin pie!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 5:21 PM Post #10 of 26
Im gonna sound like a total noob here because Im an IEM snob, but, would these be good for commuting? As in, do they leak a lot of sound in that it would annoy people around me? I dont care about noise blocking per se for myself, Im just wondering about others.

From what Ive read about these, they seem really awesome.

Nov 11, 2005 at 5:22 PM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraegorn
The force is strong in this one.

But if he could be turned....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 5:26 PM Post #12 of 26
Fortunetly, I've been able to resist so far. 100+ posts, and I haven't even made my cmoy yet. (Well, actually, I"m going out to get the parts tomorrow). Only bought the portaPros so far though, which is good, since my computer is crying out for upgrades.

have fun with the sr60s, but now you will always want more.

Nov 11, 2005 at 5:34 PM Post #13 of 26
Plug your phones in - enjoy them and don't think about head-fi or any store around.
And since it is a grado: hide the box (or never look on the back - tempting numbers...)

Nov 11, 2005 at 5:41 PM Post #14 of 26
Enjoy!! There are times when I prefer my KSC75 + govibe. as my other cans amd more $$$ amp sits idle.

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back