What device do I need for this?
Nov 6, 2013 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Parallel

New Head-Fier
ok so you know how the iPod has that 30-pin to USB connector? Well, I used that in the past to listen to music on my stereo system. One thing I like about it is that you only have to adjust the volume on the system once you connect it (the volume bar disappears on the iPod). But my iPod broke so now I have to use my phone.

So I'm wondering if there's something similar for android phones. Is there any way to connect my phone to the system and only have to adjust the volume on the receiver? I don't like having to adjust the volume twice and having to listen for distortion. Plus I have to turn the volume up pretty high on my phone to hear anything... that was never an issue with the ipod.

sorry, I know this topic isn't headphone-related but I didn't know where else to ask.

Nov 7, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #2 of 2
Which smartphone do you currently own? The Nexus 4 is known for low volume using a line-in connexion to give you an example...
I have to admit, the 30pin apple connector was well designed and implemented and no android device can match the integration. 
Leave the smartphone volume on the max and use the volume on the receiver.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back