What desktop amps have you used with Ultrasone Edition 8?
Sep 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

autarch1

Head-Fier
I'm looking for a new amp to use with my Edition 8. I'm currently using a Corda Jazz, I like the Jazz but I believe that a slightly warmer amp would be even more to my liking.

I had a Triad Audio L3 which I sold to fund other purchases. It was warmer but I don't want a portable amp, and I had a few minor issues with it. I'm considering a Woo Wa6.

Any recommendations? I'm hoping to spend no more than 800.00.

Sep 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #2 of 2
I've tried it with the Objective 2, a Burson 160, and a Yamaha stereo headphone jack. The Burson didn't suit me as the bass became a little too overwhelming. The O2 sounded great and the Yamaha is a close second. I've got a Bryston BHA-1 coming in any day now from Moon and I'm looking forward to hearing them with it.

Off topic - The headphone jack on my Yamaha continues to impress me. It's much better than my Marantz SR7005. The Yamaha isn't vintage, it's a late 90's model that was on the high end of consumer but not audiophile back in the day. It rivals the Burson and sounds better than the O2 with my Audio Technica W3000ANV. I'm curious to see what the Bryston unit does with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back