What dap will I need for Grado SR60i?
Jan 17, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 16
  I have no dap at the moment, what dap (that can run Flac) should i buy for Grado SR60i?

My budget is 140$~

At that price point, you don't have that many options.   You might consider rockboxing a sansa clip plus.   It will play flac if rockboxed.   Price is less than 40 from amazon.  I would recommend that you buy one with low internal storage and invest in a 64gb microsd card, less than 50.  That would still put you below 100.

Jan 17, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #3 of 16

At that price point, you don't have that many options.   You might consider rockboxing a sansa clip plus.   It will play flac if rockboxed.   Price is less than 40 from amazon.  I would recommend that you buy one with low internal storage and invest in a 64gb microsd card, less than 50.  That would still put you below 100.

Sounds good

BTW, my friend told me about this dap called "colorfly c3" and it's kinda in my budget
is it worth any good?

Jan 17, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 16
  Sounds good

BTW, my friend told me about this dap called "colorfly c3" and it's kinda in my budget
is it worth any good?

Like most DAPs, some people like it and others do not.  I don't have personalize experience with it, but I imagine it will be a step up.  The sansa is tiny and cheap.   It is a good value for the price and that is its primary advantage in addition to its tiny size.  I recommend you check the appreciation thread that they have here for the C3.  However, remember to factor in the price of sd storage.   The base unit will only have 4-16g in internal storage.  If you are going flac and lossless, that will be gone very quickly.   If you factor in a 64gb card, that will probably be close to or slightly above your max price.

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #9 of 16
Having owned Grado SR80i the little Colorfly C3 was struggling to drive them sufficiently which is strange considering the Grado low impedance. I think the big bulky cable on the Grado needs a bit of power. I'd get a clip zip on amazon then look into adding C&C BH, a small portable amplifier for $100. Or the clip zip and FiiO E11 which is a little warm. The Grado tend to even out well with a warmer source.

If you can find a Cowon C2 or D2+ within your budget they'd work well.

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #10 of 16
Having owned Grado SR80i the little Colorfly C3 was struggling to drive them sufficiently which is strange considering the Grado low impedance. I think the big bulky cable on the Grado needs a bit of power. I'd get a clip zip on amazon then look into adding C&C BH, a small portable amplifier for $100. Or the clip zip and FiiO E11 which is a little warm. The Grado tend to even out well with a warmer source.

If you can find a Cowon C2 or D2+ within your budget they'd work well.

they are too small for me
i kinda hated my last dap, which was sansa clip
it was good dap, but too small
any other options?

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #14 of 16

Not sure about the C3, but for $150 it's kinda hard to find a player with a good amp. Another $50 or so and you can get the Fiio X3 though.

nah that's too much for me cuz I buy from ebay is there is 70$ diffrence between c3 and fiio
and other opnions about the c3? its rated 8$ in the dap list here in head fi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back