What DAC to get for Computer-as-Source?
Aug 19, 2004 at 7:15 PM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
I assume nobody here has tried the M-Audio SuperDAC even though you're saying that $200 DACs aren't worth it? I have brought it up in quite a few threads to try and get an opinion but nobody responds.

I was never popular here (I.E. not getting support from certain members here).
Just look on other forums you will find more info there.
It would be a shame to pass up on a very nice sounding dac that would fit a budget just because its not flavour of the month here.

Aug 21, 2004 at 2:41 PM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spent&Bent
???? I own the superdac and it's not adding anything at all.Infact it's a very very clean sounding dac (that I also use with a tube amp btw)
How does it add "tube warmth" (not getting into the tubes and their supposed warmth thing right now too btw) I am curious, please expand.

I am not attacking your statement just wanting to hear your motivation.

The tonal balance seems rich to me. Lush maybe? I don't know how to describe it. It's not as detailed as many of the DAC's I have heard. It's very laid back. I guess everyone's ears are different, but that's a given. I found that female voices (Diana Krall, Utada Hikaru, Blondie, Sarah Brightman, Tori Amos) were very pleasent to listen to, but guitar I wasn't too pleased with. Accoustic guitar on M-Audio always has bothered me. Andrea Bocelli was all off to my ears too, his voice didn't have the resonance/presence it normally does. Synergy issue perhaps? I was going from my CardDeluxe to the SuperDAC. I for one think the MSB Link III sounds more "live".

I just think M-Audio has a sound color all of it's own is all.

Oct 2, 2004 at 8:51 PM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Actually I though the Electrocompaniet and Accuphase CDP's were definitely on a different level. The Meridian 588 not G08, sounded just about there with the modded EMU. I may have a Benchmark DAC-1 in the near future, so I'll let you guys know what I think if and when it shows up.

Iron_Dreamer,
Did you ever do a comparisond between the DAD-1 and the 1212m?

Oct 2, 2004 at 9:16 PM Post #34 of 38
He did an extensive comparison of the DAC-1 and all of the soundcards he has used/modified. Search.

- Jay

Oct 2, 2004 at 9:31 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by JayG
He did an extensive comparison of the DAC-1 and all of the soundcards he has used/modified. Search.

- Jay

I did search, Jerk, why don't you post a link if you know right where it is. In fact how do you think I came about this old thread... Ding, Ding, Ding... by searching
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2004 at 4:31 AM Post #38 of 38
I wasn't being a jerk, I was simply stating that, at Sryzon found, you could have easily found what you were looking for with a simple search. If I had the thread bookmarked I would have linked to it, but I didn't, so I let you know that it did indeed exist and you could find it by searching.

-Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back