What DAC should i buy if i want to upgrade vda-2?
May 16, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #4 of 10
Maybe check the All The Dacs thread/blog.

You could also look to swap the RCAs on your S/PDIF connections to BNC and getting a BNC-BNC cable; really, really makes a big difference to nearly every element of the sound.

May 16, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1UP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe check the All The Dacs thread/blog.

You could also look to swap the RCAs on your S/PDIF connections to BNC and getting a BNC-BNC cable; really, really makes a big difference to nearly every element of the sound.

sorry i don't understand

May 21, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #6 of 10
The VDA2 is really a balanced DAC, the single ended outputs are not generated with a transformer or opamp. You will should get a big benefit going balanced.

May 21, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The VDA2 is really a balanced DAC, the single ended outputs are not generated with a transformer or opamp. You will should get a big benefit going balanced.

VRX1 Balanced Cable ? is it end with xlr output ?

so i should buy a amp with xlr input?

May 21, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #8 of 10
Yes you would need a balanced amp. Or:

The VDA-2 has fully differential DAC's, to get their benefit you need a balanced amp or a balanced to single transfer with a transformer or opamp. Twisted pair sells a kit that you could put together that does a good job, or go the transformer route, or lastly get a balanced amp with XLR converted headphones.

If it were me, I would get a transformer converter. What it will do is reject common mode noise.

May 21, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes you would need a balanced amp. Or:

The VDA-2 has fully differential DAC's, to get their benefit you need a balanced amp or a balanced to single transfer with a transformer or opamp. Twisted pair sells a kit that you could put together that does a good job, or go the transformer route, or lastly get a balanced amp with XLR converted headphones.

If it were me, I would get a transformer converter. What it will do is reject common mode noise.

transformer converter? what's that?

May 22, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #10 of 10
If the other equipment in your system is balanced, then use the VRX-1 cable. If your other equipment has RCA input, then you can use a transformer to combine the differential signal into single ended, and still get the benefit of extra slew rate/power supply rejection from differential signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back