What dac/amp around 300-400 euro pair with Focal Spirit Pro
Oct 5, 2014 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

fotis1972

Head-Fier
Hello i have the Focal Spirit Pro and i'm searching for the best dac/amp i can buy at these money

I have in mind fiio x5 maybe pair with e12, but i'm try to find if this is the best solution for me
I can also hear music from my pc
Can you suggest me pls
I live in greece

I listen rock, hard-rock disco music and i would like to have some emphasis at low frequencies and bass
I know fsp are neutral headphones but when there is bass in the song you actually hear it as it is

Sorry for my english, i'm waiting for your help

Thanks a lot

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #3 of 6
  Hello i have the Focal Spirit Pro and I'm searching for the best dac/amp i can buy at these money
I have in mind fiio x5 maybe pair with e12, but I'm try to find if this is the best solution for me
I can also hear music from my pc
Can you suggest me pls
I live in Greece
I listen rock, hard-rock disco music and i would like to have some emphasis at low frequencies and bass
I know fsp are neutral headphones but when there is bass in the song you actually hear it as it is
Sorry for my English, I'm waiting for your help

The FSP are only 32-Ohms, very easy for the Fiio X5 or X3 to be able to drive them.
So no need for an extra headphone amplifier.

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #4 of 6
thanks purple angel, but do you believe for that range of money this is the best solution?

also i see audio-gd 15 in your signature, do you believe will be better option than fiio x5??

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 6
thanks purple angel, but do you believe for that range of money this is the best solution?

also i see audio-gd 15 in your signature, do you believe will be better option than fiio x5??

He's saying you don't need a desktop amp. A portable dap would be more useful in many ways especially since it can drive these headphones. And there's no need for the E12

Oct 8, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #6 of 6
  Thanks Purple angel, but do you believe for that range of money this is the best solution?
Also I see Audio-GD NFB-15 in your signature, do you believe will be better option than FiiO X5??

I like my NFB-15.32 and the newer NFB-15 comes with some minor improvements over my NFB-15.32.
I'm guess it would cost you around 250 Euros (including shipped), Audi-GD claim $100 value with the shipper, so any import tax will be small.
The NFB-15 would make your headphones sound very nice.
If your not looking into anything portable, then the NFB-15 would be a good investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back