What computer speakers to get?
Oct 10, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #511 of 515
Depends on budget. I also don't have a ton of room on my desk for larger spearks. My desktop set-up right now is Modhouse Mini-Cubes with a Super Cube II subwoofer. I've had Klipsch 2.1 and 5.1 in years prior. I'm in the process of acquiring some Cessaro Mini-Wagners for Gestalt Audio Design in Nashville - which might prove to be amazing, but are a bit on the more costly side of things.

Nov 8, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #512 of 515
I have a ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI).

How do I connect it to a SVS SB-2000 Pro subwoofer?

I tried connecting a RCA cable from the orange port on the on-board sound card, to the LFE port on the woofer.

Two problems.

One is that the cable doesn't stay firmly into the orange port.

The other is that the subwoofer makes a loud hum.

I also currently have a 3.5mm to red/white RCA cable going from the green port on the sound card, to my powered speakers.

Here is the manual for the motherboard:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_CROSSHAIR-VII-HERO_WI-FI/E13834_ROG_CROSSHAIR_VII_HERO_WI-FI_UM_WEB.pdf

Do I need a 3.5mm to dual RCA cable for the orange sub out too? And which ports on the subwoofer do I connect the two RCA ends?

Once I connect the subwoofer, is it hassle free? Or am I going to have to adjust some setting or dial?

Nov 8, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #513 of 515
From 1998-2016, I had a 44 watt subwoofer with my computer speakers, and I was happy with it. It wore down in 2016.

I just got a SVS SB-2000 Pro for a home theater.

My room is about 21.5' L x 12' W' with a upwards sloping ceiling that probably goes 12-14 feet high.

For some content, with my sub near the TV and me on the couch, the SB-2000 Pro isn't producing the output that I want. I already increased the volume on the app to 0dB; set the bass tone control to high on the AVR; and set the AVR sub volume to +6 dB.

I don't think I want to stress it more. It is fine for some content, but there is one track where I want more, and that was something I could do with my old subwoofer.

I don't want dual subwoofers. And I don't want something extremely heavy, as it is difficult for one person to move around or set up.

I want to stick with another SVS for comparison. I had already ruled out Hsu due to weight and how some models were backordered. I also ruled out Rythmik due to similar weights of their models (69-80 lbs.)

The SVS representative suggested the PB-16 Ultra, but that is $2500, and also 174 lbs.

The rep thinks the high ceiling might be an issue.

What do you think about the SVS PB-2000 Pro (ported, 64 lbs), the PC-2000 Pro (ported, cylindrical, 47 lbs.), or the PB-3000 (ported, 82 lbs)?

The PB-3000 seems too heavy again, and is also $500 more.

So I think it's down to SVS PB-2000 Pro or PC-2000 Pro.

Nov 25, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #515 of 515
I'm having trouble playing music with the SVS PB-2000 Pro, from my PC.

I don't have a 2.1 mode in my sound settings.

I set it to 5.1, then on the next screen, unselected center channel, and rear speakers.

Then it asks which speakers are full range. At first I unselected both front and subwoofer.

However it still didn't sound like it was using the sub.

So I went through the configuration again, and selected them both as full range.

It still didn't sound like it was using the sub.

Also, I tried connecting both RCA to the LFE inputs on my sub, as well as connecting only the red one.

It still didn't sound like it was using the sub.

I can hear the dialog and music, it just doesn't seem to be using the sub.

Ok, I opened up SupremeFX and selected "enable bass management".

When I do the audio test, everything sounds right. Left Channel, right channel, subwoofer.

But when I play something, it doesn't sound right.

I even tried the setting to "swap center / subwoofer output" that's in the SupremeFX.

Here is the manual for the motherboard:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...13834_ROG_CROSSHAIR_VII_HERO_WI-FI_UM_WEB.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back