What component to buy to stream at high quality?
Jan 5, 2019 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

whohasaquestion

Head-Fier
Sorry for the totally newbie question.

I was just gifted a Grade SR325e the other day and have been using the home audio setup (Onkyo CD player, Parasound pre-amp, Emotiva amp) to test out the cans.

Like many of you, I have my music stored in iTune and Google play music. We have a bluetooth wireless audio transmitter hooked up to the system so I can stream from iPhone or MacBook Air. However, the sound quality is just not as clear as coming out of CD player.

So how do you guys get around this problem? The sound difference is huge so I don't think it's the simple lossy vs lossless format. Our home wi-fi is plenty fast too (>100mbps). Do the DACs in discussion on this forum work wirelessly with MacBook or iPhone? Should I consider Tital Premium? I just want something that allows streaming without losing quality.

Jan 5, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 5
Thank you for even bother to answer the newb question. :)

However, these are a bit out of my price range considering I spent only $25 on the current wireless transmitter ( think of it as Chromecast Audio sort of).

So let me dial back a bit. What are the preferred/popular way of getting iTune or Google Play Music to your headphones? Do you connect all components (laptop/phone -> amp -> headphones) through hard wires?

Jan 5, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #4 of 5
In that case

Es100 $100 for Bluetooth ldac

Up a tad shanling MO, Bluetooth, but also laptop, usb to headphones

If you want mqa, get a LG v30, or V40.

Best cheap/quality stream from laptop to headphones. Topping DX30 pro

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back