What color sr-71 should I get for my Jacuzzi? help!
Apr 5, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #31 of 35
Solid 18k Gold (for durability) w/Platinum lettering (re-designed for more swash and flourish to show off the Platinum), Solid Platinum thumbwheels, replace roundhead hex screws w/polished titanium hex bolts with diamond centers, Solid Platinum volume knob w/24k Florentined bands (for improved grip & esthetic contrast) ... white LED w/interchangeable ruby/sapphire/emerald/yellow diamond/amethyst lenses (to match evening wear) ... 2k diamond feet for improved traction and diamond switch lever of course. All diamonds to be D Flawless Investment Grade. (Additional suggestions welcome.)

Just imagine how much the deep-pocketed headfi elite will bid on it after you've enjoyed it!!! Better donate some of the proceeds to a good charity -- that should boost the bidding even more. Instead of shelling out $15k for a pair of interconnects of questionable long-term value, one can buy real investment quality!

What's the estimate, Ray?

P.S.: Better check with Ray to be sure all the glitz won't degrade the sonic purity of the amp ... assuming you ever stop looking at it long enough to hear it. He may want to keep a layer of aluminum sandwiched by the gold, just for shielding.

Apr 5, 2005 at 1:38 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
OMG, no body knows me....
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

Ray Samuels

Ray, you're da man!

Apr 5, 2005 at 2:15 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
What's the estimate, Ray?
P.S.: Better check with Ray to be sure all the glitz won't degrade the sonic purity of the amp ... assuming you ever stop looking at it long enough to hear it. He may want to keep a layer of aluminum sandwiched by the gold, just for shielding.

Hi Romanee....
Within 2 weeks, both colors will be available next to the original one.
Ray Samuels

Apr 5, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #34 of 35
Ray,
are you in Skokie? OMG, i have lived there until Dec. 2003, just around Old Orchard Plaza. I could have stolen some Raptors if I knew you are there. No Raptors then?
icon10.gif

Doug

Apr 6, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812

OK I have a choice between three different color options.

first one is the old school black with white lettering

second one is black with gold lettering,

third is clear anodized with black lettering. (its silver for petes sake)

I love the hr-2 style black/white, but after seeing the gold lettering I am starting to like the black/gold combo. the silver sr-71 looks like the prototype but very slick with the black lettering.

if I am going to buy a sr-71 for my Jacuzzi this summer I need to choose the rite one...ohh the pain...thans Ray for making my life just a bit harder...

You have to go for the silver SR-71.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back