What color is head-fi?
Feb 19, 2005 at 8:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

Duncan

Headphoneus Supremus
Just spotted this...

At work for the first time in months yesterday I logged on, and the forums came up in purple (on a CRT)... whereas at home, they're blue (TFT)

Which is wrong? If its work then I'm happy, because i'm only there for another three days... but if its home... whats up with my TFT?

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2005 at 8:46 AM Post #5 of 38
If you really really want to know what the actual colors are, here they are.

Head-fi Logo Purple = R:98 G:98 B:178 (average)

Head-fi Lighter Blue Bar = Gradient from R:76 G:109 B:166--->R:209 G:209 B:225

Head-fi Darker Blue Bar = Gradient from R:52 G:178 B:128 --->R:209 G:209 B:225

Tinted Row = R:225 G:228 B:242

"White Row" = R:245 G:245 B:255

-Ed

Feb 19, 2005 at 9:01 AM Post #6 of 38
Given that is an uncolored/unmodified version of vBulletin's provided forum skin, Head-fi is Purple.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2005 at 9:03 AM Post #8 of 38
I'd say your CRTs and TFTs are set to different color temperatures. On my CRT, the logo is purple, and the bars are blue. My color temperature is set to 6500K. However, if I set it to 9300K, which is the usual for most CRTs (makes media and web pages look better for the most part, but screws up graphics work, which is why I don't use it), the logo and bars have a fairly similar blueish tinge.

Feb 19, 2005 at 9:09 AM Post #10 of 38
lol... seems that some of us are not seeing the same things...

The head-fi logo to me looks like a dark blue, bordering on purple, but the forum itself is a mixture of light and darker blue.

The CRT at work is set up at 10000K (and 9300K when I spotted this).

Its slightly worrying what Buffalo Bill has said though... lol, I guess its time for some calibration.

Feb 19, 2005 at 9:12 AM Post #11 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan

The head-fi logo to me looks like a dark blue, bordering on purple, but the forum itself is a mixture of light and darker blue.

Its slightly worrying what Buffalo Bill has said though... lol, I guess its time for some calibration.

Is there a specific reason for using 10000K?

If not, try 6500K, it's closer to daylight, and is usually a photography standard.

-Ed

Feb 19, 2005 at 9:15 AM Post #12 of 38
Hey, Duncan.

What color do you see the part at the top of the page near the Sponsor links and above the Head-fi Logo?

It is the closest to neutral gray. If it looks like a color, you should adjust in the opposite direction.

-Ed

Feb 19, 2005 at 9:19 AM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Hey, Duncan.

What color do you see the part at the top of the page near the Sponsor links and above the Head-fi Logo?

It is the closest to neutral gray. If it looks like a color, you should adjust in the opposite direction.

-Ed

Ed...

No, that looks like gray to me...

I guess it doesn't really matter at the end of the day, seeing that images show up correctly, it just puzzled me though, seeing that we do not have user options to customize the color settings for the board why there was a difference.

As to the 10000K question... its not my monitor, i've got the dubious pleasure of hot-desking whilst people are on holiday etc... I personally always had my own CRT at my previous job at 6300K... each to their own I suppose.

Feb 19, 2005 at 9:21 AM Post #14 of 38
Quote:

Well, I'm looking at it and both modes... it looks more purple to me in both ways. But now I just noticed how orange everything is on my monitor. In fact, I think I totally screwed everything up on my monitor.
redface.gif

EDIT :: Forget, anything I do it still looks purple.

Feb 19, 2005 at 9:25 AM Post #15 of 38
Quote:

Ed...

No, that looks like gray to me...

I guess it doesn't really matter at the end of the day, seeing that images show up correctly, it just puzzled me though, seeing that we do not have user options to customize the color settings for the board why there was a difference.

As to the 10000K question... its not my monitor, i've got the dubious pleasure of hot-desking whilst people are on holiday etc... I personally always had my own CRT at my previous job at 6300K... each to their own I suppose.

Oh, OK.

I only mentioned 6500K because it's a standard used in photography.

Funny when you work with uncalibrated and calibrated monitors, it can bug you seeing two different colors when seeing the same image.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back