what cheap dac to buy for jbl lsr305 for 50€ at Europe
Dec 13, 2015 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

duffy1234

New Head-Fier
Hello im looking to buy new jbl lsr305 for christmas from Europe for 290€ and i know there has been problems with hissing if u connect it to pc when  u dont have a good soundcard (which i dont). So i would like to buy cheapest dac that would minimize or eliminate the "hiss" because i will be listening to them from close range. I know that the scarlett 2i2 and 2i4 are great but they are out of my budget at around 120€. It would be great if it had volume knob but im looking for best bang for buck or something that would do the job. Aswell what cables should i need to buy to connect it to my pc and dac to speakers?

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 4
Asus Xonar DX sound card (used is fine).
Hifimediy Sabre U2 USB DAC, but guess it will cost around $60 Euros.
This sssnake YPK 2030 "Y" audio cable (3.77 Euros) will connect the DX or Sabre to the LSR305
http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_sssnake_ypk2030.htm

The JBL LSR305 studio monitors will work with an un-balanced connection, which is what the DX and Sabre have.

Dec 14, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #4 of 4
So would the DAC eliminate the hissing issue or minimize it? I don't know if the sound card would do that, I think I'm more into the DAC.

External DAC should remove the hiss from the audio.
Maybe get the FiiO E10K, has both a line-output for the speakers and a separate amplified headphone jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back