What cell phone or setup to do?
Jan 27, 2022 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

93EXCivic

100+ Head-Fier
So my LG G8 is on the way out. The charger port doesn't hold the cord very well same with the headphone port. The back is cracked. I have never been very happy with the camera performance of the LGs tbh and with LG no longer in the cell phone business I am really thinking it is time to move on. So looking for suggestions of another phone and a very compact amp/dac. Have Chord Mojo already but I want something much smaller for daily use if I go that route. Also that won't completely eat my battery instantly.

Edit: Looking Android only and I am not replacing the Mojo. Just want to add something dongle sized to run IEM/earbuds.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 4
I recently switched to an iphone 13 pro and I found it a very comfortable size to use portable. With the recent addition of lossless audio to apple music I cannot really ask for much more. I use my iPhone 13 and connect it to my Fiio Q5s which is a phenomenal portable amp/dac. Its a little bit on the chunky side but I absolutely love the power output with the balanced ports and I feel that it sounds amazing. The fiio q5s also supports Bluetooth which is a nice little addition. Battery will easily last me >8 hours listening with some pretty demanding headphones. I don't often use IEM's and the only pair I have are the moondrop starfields, I usually bring my Beyer DT 177x Go's out with me. Its a little pricy to pick up the fiio but I found mine used for $200 and think that at that price point is a steal!

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 4
So my LG G8 is on the way out. The charger port doesn't hold the cord very well same with the headphone port. The back is cracked. I have never been very happy with the camera performance of the LGs tbh and with LG no longer in the cell phone business I am really thinking it is time to move on. So looking for suggestions of another phone and a very compact amp/dac. Have Chord Mojo already but I want something much smaller for daily use if I go that route. Also that won't completely eat my battery instantly.
Hiby R2 or R3 Pro Saber.

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #4 of 4
I recently switched to an iphone 13 pro and I found it a very comfortable size to use portable. With the recent addition of lossless audio to apple music I cannot really ask for much more. I use my iPhone 13 and connect it to my Fiio Q5s which is a phenomenal portable amp/dac. Its a little bit on the chunky side but I absolutely love the power output with the balanced ports and I feel that it sounds amazing. The fiio q5s also supports Bluetooth which is a nice little addition. Battery will easily last me >8 hours listening with some pretty demanding headphones. I don't often use IEM's and the only pair I have are the moondrop starfields, I usually bring my Beyer DT 177x Go's out with me. Its a little pricy to pick up the fiio but I found mine used for $200 and think that at that price point is a steal!
Probably should have put Android only and really I am looking for a dongle sized amp/dac (just running earbuds/IEMs off). I have the Mojo for when I want more power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back