What cans go well with audigy?
Jan 29, 2006 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

IHaveNoSpaceBar

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, been reading here for a while but haven't registered. Awesome forums, especially for headphones lunatics like us
580smile.gif

I am looking for opinions on what pair of cans play well with an audigy 2. Few constraints though...

1) Budget is $100

2) They must be closed. This one is kind of important, because I share an apartment with individuals who watch TV at no less than the maximum volume level.

3) Main use is computer music(MP3 format as well as CD) and also gaming (Audigy 2 driven)

From my research on this site, it seems that there are 2 obvious options. SONY mdr-v6's and the Sennheisers HD-280 Pro's. Whats YOUR opinoin?

Jan 29, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #3 of 8
I don't really care for Sony. I had their V700DJ and they broke on me, the earcups covering started peeling and eventually the headband cracked but even without that they were way too bass heavy for me
basshead.gif
. The Sennheiser HD280s are a pretty good bargain for the money oyu can find them for around 65-70 dollars, but if you are a bass head then yo ushould probably know that they are somewhat lacking in that region, otherwise they sound pretty good and are also very comfortable to wear.

Jan 29, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoSpaceBar
I game a lot, and the audigy is essential to gammers. I had to sell my M-audio revo because it didn't support EAX.

OK fine. go for a bright headphone that can make up for the audigy's lack of decent treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back