what can you say about the samsung galaxy player 3.6
Apr 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

EkChuah97

New Head-Fier
so i bought this samsung galaxy player cause my options at that moment were either an ipod nano 8gb or a samsung galaxy player 3.6, i saw both at best buy and decided to buy the samsung player. I didn't really know much about brands, sound quality or things like that, and i still don't know much, but i have seen that i could have gotten a way better product for about the same price. Could someone please give me some information regarding sound quality about my device? I Can't find many reviews about it online. Give me as much negative information as you can please, for instance if this is a bose equivalent of a player. I would also appreciate if you tell me what i could get for the same price.

Apr 10, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
so i bought this samsung galaxy player cause my options at that moment were either an ipod nano 8gb or a samsung galaxy player 3.6, i saw both at best buy and decided to buy the samsung player. I didn't really know much about brands, sound quality or things like that, and i still don't know much, but i have seen that i could have gotten a way better product for about the same price. Could someone please give me some information regarding sound quality about my device? I Can't find many reviews about it online. Give me as much negative information as you can please, for instance if this is a bose equivalent of a player. I would also appreciate if you tell me what i could get for the same price.

No, comparing it to a bose is probably a bit harsh but I guess that depends on how much you paid for it. Ie; I bought the Samsung Galaxy 4.2 player in the Amazon black friday deals for just £69.99, which is fantastic value compared to an Ipod touch when you consider that compared to the Ipod... its 8GB and came with another 8GB micro SD card and I could add a 64GB card if I wanted to, the battery can also be replaced, it came with a good satnav, it has a good wolfson DAC in it, the onboard amp could do with a bit more power but its loud enough with my TF10's and it sounds excellent with Neutron music player installed. The stock player is poor btw so get rid and try the free trial versions of Neutron and/or Poweramp. :wink:

I'm not sure how the 3.6 compares to the 4.2 specwise for my comments to be helpful but at least the above should give you some ideas to try before deciding whether to return it.

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #3 of 4
I was just looking for a decent player and I stumbled upon this thread.
So I got curious and checked this player and doesn't seem bad at all.
The 8gb can be found on amazon for £70.
And it has custom ROM on xda.
If it supports otg, it will be definitely my next player.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 10, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #4 of 4
The only thing that sux is that the 3.6 can't support the USB audio and also the USB DACs. Other thing is that you can't install Voodoo sound too.

I have had the 3.6 and it was a gret player ! Rooted you can remove all the useless system apps and made this player a dedicated audio player. My 64go µSD worked well and playerpro allow to use the buttons on the right side (volume +/-) as dedicated audio fonctions (<</>>). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back